Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-23-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
Nikatrel

Sup, here is my dilema...

I got an exhaust ticket late last year, and recently had to goto court and have my exhaust removed. (Ractive muffler only). Now I currently have my factory setup w/an Injen intake, it sounds good with just the intake but i want the performance back.

My plan is to do a custom catback setup on the 2.4L. 2.5" pipe back from the cat, but what im asking y'all is what muffler will make the car sound almost stock until i floor it.

I mean i want the car do be totally unheard until high RPMs, the reason being even though im 18, i still live at home and my dad wont let me put a new exhaust on it....

thanks!

-Nick
Old 02-23-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
misslindseysue

I dunno about the exhaust, my stock just keeps getting louder. <_< Knock some baffles out of yours. I think that's what's happening to mine, and it's only (kinda) loud above 2 grand. But, uh, I'm 23 and I still live at home. When I graduated from college I got a job that was in my hometown for a few months, and soon I'm moving. Where do you live that you got an exhaust ticket?
Old 02-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah I've never heard of an exhaust ticket, unless your car was so loud that you could hear it from 5 blocks away.

Since you have the 4cyl, I would suggest the Flowmaster. A lot of those straigh thru mufflers can be loud. Plus don't go any bigger than 2.5" If it's too big it will slow you down and be too loud.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #4
Nikatrel

I was thinking of the 40 series flowmaster myself. But yeah my car was loud enough to be heard about 10 blocks away with just that ractive muffler.

I live in Roanoke, Virginia. The cops are bad around here for illegal exhaust tickets.

I dont want to keep my factory on b/c i get no performance gains what so ever...and a full catback would give me a lil extra power.

Still need help guys!

-Nick
Old 02-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
Nikatrel

so...nobody can recommend what muffler would be the quietest? please!
Old 02-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #6
mfuller

Scot (Oldsman) has my old SLP/Magnaflow setup and it's pretty quiet.