Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #21
Final-Reality

GM's lose their value quickly because they whore out all their vehicles to rental fleets at basement prices, flooding the market which hurts resale value, plus percieved quality isnt good on GM vehicles (and up until very recently, rightfully so)

Old 03-06-2004, 01:39 AM   #22
aleropimp1

i love GM, my dad worked at delphi for years and they make great cars. They might have there fare share of bad bunches, but thats becouse people are lazy and build things half assed at the assembly line. My car came from the Mexico assembly line and it was made rite before a holiday luckey me. i have replaced almost ever part on that car. all under warrenty of course. Thanks Gm for making up for all the lazy F's in the world. but i have gm cars that are well made and lasted well over 200,000 miles. IF you wanna bash GM the go test your luck with a good old rusty honda. My friend had a 2001 honda civic. biggest piece of crap i ever drove. the inside looked like fisher price made it. he broke two struts on that thing in 2 months driving it like a grandma. it was a manual and it only went in reverse half the time and it grinded the gears ever so often when you put it in firt. My clutch was made in italy B). thanks GM for your well built cars i love them.

Old 03-06-2004, 10:26 AM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
I'll bash GM however and whenever I want. Don't like it, too bad.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:47 PM   #24
Silverknight

well as far as I'm concered the car blew up under normal conditions. I wasn't spraying when the motor died. The week before this I took the car in complaining about valve chatter and what not. They told me it would be fine and fix itself. I then tried running a 75 shot once. The next day I was giving it full throttle in third gear and it went. I didn't even have the bottle connected to the car.

Old 03-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #25
overdrive75

Use your brain, man, the engine had been over stressed due to the NOS, it was only a matter of time till it failed, even under normal conditions. Don't worry what goes around comes around, you'll get stupid and blow it again, try to pull the same poop and the dealer will get smart. Best case someone has tipped them off, and you won't be able to get your car till you can pay for it.

Old 03-06-2004, 06:28 PM   #26
aleropimp1

LOOKS LIKE MY FIVE SPEEDS WAY FASTER THEN YOUR RUN DOWN POS NOW. HA HA HA I AM THE FASTEST

Old 03-06-2004, 09:42 PM   #27
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
dealers cant give u parts back on warrenty wrok. they have to send it back
Old 03-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #28
Silverknight

^under normal conditions your right. But I've made special request for the parts after they are checked by GM. Ohh by the way, heres my current ride

a 2002 Malibu.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:26 PM   #29
Silverknight

here's a vid
http://www.selleasier.com/purge.AVI

Old 03-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #30
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
why?

why not sell ur alero and ur malibu and buy one car that is worth money and modding..
Old 03-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #31
Silverknight

cause I like my cars...tha malibu is not mine, it's my parents. they are lending it to me while my car gets fixed

Old 03-07-2004, 06:33 PM   #32
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
they lent you the Malibu, so you put nos on it? How are you going to explain to them when that motor blows?

And I though the Alero was theirs too?
Old 03-07-2004, 08:30 PM   #33
dopey

i think the best way to sum this kid up is that he is just a complete effin moron.

Old 03-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #34
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
your parents let you put n2o on their car????????? Or you just trying to be cool and just do a purge setup.

i agree sweet but wouldn't use those words.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:08 PM   #35
Silverknight

Actually my dad and I race both our cars at Shannonville Drag during the season. We race against each other. Thats his own purge kit on his own car. He's the one who got me into modding my car in the first place.

Old 03-08-2004, 04:34 AM   #36
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverknight@Mar 8 2004, 04:08 AM
Actually my dad and I race both our cars at Shannonville Drag during the season. We race against each other. Thats his own purge kit on his own car. He's the one who got me into modding my car in the first place.
you mean puttin' cars on the bottle and nawsin n flawsin.

not modding, just cheap way out.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:52 AM   #37
overdrive75

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@Mar 7 2004, 09:30 PM
i think the best way to sum this kid up is that he is just a complete effin moron.
I can agree with you on this one, the more this punk kid posts, the more i see he is just plain ol' stupid.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #38
Silverknight

Quote:
Originally posted by Spy+Mar 8 2004, 09:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spy @ Mar 8 2004, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Silverknight@Mar 8 2004, 04:08 AM
you mean puttin' cars on the bottle and nawsin n flawsin.

not modding, just cheap way out. [/b][/quote]
his car runs a low 14 without the bottle so I don't think you should be sayin poop about his ride.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:45 PM   #39
Silverknight

just incase anyone was wondering, as far as I know this is what is done to the car : intake, port and polished head, stainless steel valves, lower and upper engine mounts, ignition system, built bottom end, and a vortec supercharger running 11 psi

Old 03-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #40
Silverknight

I'll check with him later on if u want details

Closed Thread