Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 03:45 PM   #1
RaZZy037

Ok its prolly kinda a noob question. but i always had the impression that on a 2.4 a supercharger might be to laggy, so i was told to go with a turbo, cuz it also boosts more. but i went to rsm and they seemed to promote the supercharger for the 2.4, what is the best way to go?

Old 03-24-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
wy3134

unfortunately you have the 2.4 engine which has had the least work of all 3 alero engines done to it...i dont know of any kits out there for the 2.4 but go to yahoo or google and search for it, thats all i know to do for the 2.4, i have a 2.2 and theres oodles of things for it, including both turbo and supercharger

Old 03-24-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Oh no here we go again. A S/C does not have lag since its driven directly by the crank. A T/C has a bit of lag, depending on size because the engine needs to spew out enough exhaust to spool it up.

The difference is that RSM has a s/c for the 2.4 that's why they are pushing it.

Please search there is tons of info on both setups I think there are at present at least one if not two debates going on with turbo v. super, look over in the 3400 area.

Final also wanted to point out that there is a S/C for the 2.4L available from GM. part numbers:

N manual transmission 88961331
N auto transmission 88961332

These Will work on the alero, Two dealers both confirmed this. Price is just under 2000 USD.