Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-12-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
1WhiteOSV

Okay....so I am sick of our door panels...they're uglier than crap compared to just about every other car. I had this idea while putting in door speakers into a 2001 Grand Am tonight at work (I'm an installer at Best Buy). Since Alero's and Grand Am's have the SAME doors (handles, locks, and all) as far as the structure goes....shouldn't the door panel of a Grand Am fit right up to the Alero door? I know the switch panels are all different and I havn't paid attention to the actual plugs to see if those are the same but if I had to re-wire something, that's not a problem...that's all I do is work with wiring. By the looks of things though....everything should line up fine. If I can get my hands on some decently priced door panels of a Grand Am...I just might do this. I can't stand the 2 tone tan/gray Alero interior...I want all gray/black. I have a couple friends that have Grand Am GT's and they said they'd let me borrow a door panel to test fit it to see if I wanted. If this doesn't work I will probably just use some Vinyl Dye to dye my doors gray/black. At least they wont be tan..yuck. Oh yea, also the running boards/kick panels are dark gray in the Grand Am's and those are IDENTICAL to the tan ones in the Alero so I will be swapping those out from a GA also.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:30 AM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
the thing is that you'll need to swap out dash board if ya swap out the door panels. wiring should be the same, you'll need to swap out the inner door handle too.. thats it. it should be a direct swap.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:52 AM   #3
1WhiteOSV

why would I have to swap dashes too?....granted it'd look awesome...but that'd be too much of a PITA. And yea...I knew about the handles as well.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
for the contour lines, your door panel will have gaps cuz the grand am dash comes out in the driver side, while the aleros goes straigh smooth down.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:02 AM   #5
99BLKALERO

Adam,

Start calling some junk yards.....get the full thing....door panels and dash.....
Old 05-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
At first I though you ment the outside which isn't a good idea, but after reading, really really cool idea

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:44 AM   #7
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
why not just buy a grand am
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:31 AM   #8
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
you're nuts if you think the grand am interior looks better than the alero's. grand am's are f***in ugly. alero's are nice and smooth.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme@May 12 2005, 09:31 AM
you're nuts if you think the grand am interior looks better than the alero's. grand am's are f***in ugly. alero's are nice and smooth.

agree
Old 05-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
Crolero

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme@May 12 2005, 03:31 PM

another reason i didnt get a GA was because the interior looked cheezy, the aleros got more of a classy interior.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #11
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpalero03@May 12 2005, 12:44 PM
why not just buy a grand am

don't even comment if that's all you're going to say....that's so ignorant.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #12
jlm2000

olds has always been known for class the grand ams are just basic, but the red circle grand am gauges would be cool
Old 05-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #13
Alerofan84

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman+May 12 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oldsman @ May 12 2005, 10:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sound_xtreme@May 12 2005, 09:31 AM

agree
[/b][/quote]

roger that
Old 05-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #14
1WhiteOSV

I don't know about the lines.....they are VERY similar if you look at the 2 doors........
Old 05-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #15
jlm2000

arent all alero dashes and door panels the same color tan and gray which i like because my car is black
Old 05-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
1WhiteOSV

I agree the alero's are more classy...but I want a sportier look and I don't think the GA's look "cheesy" or "basic" at all....there's a LOT more to the GA interior than the Alero's....i think the Alero's interior is more basic by far
Old 05-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #17
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by jlm2000@May 12 2005, 05:14 PM
arent all alero dashes and door panels the same color tan and gray which i like because my car is black

Yea....they are 2-tone...which I DONT like so instead of painting everything I think I'll try for a more custom look and go w/ GA doors cuz I think they're more sporty and better looking....

and for the record...I'm not arguing with anyone...these are just MY opinions...
Old 05-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #18
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
they dont fit with our dash
Old 05-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #19
1WhiteOSV

I don't wanna do the dash too because then I have to get gauge cluster/center consol/and a whole lotta other stuff that I dont want. I DO like the center consol of the Alero better..that's for sure.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #20
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme@May 12 2005, 05:18 PM
they dont fit with our dash

Have you tried?...I am asking because I'd rather know now than spend ass loads of time just to find out it wont work....