Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Info: Engine/Racing

I decided to PM the owner of Speed Industry (who's building my engine) to see what the status is with my engine and when the hell it goes in so I can get to the track before it closes.

His wife just had a baby last week, few issues with that, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2
Hey Jan, what's goin on.

I figured out wtf was up with my car. Loose intake manifold bolts, LOL. Had a boost/vacuum leak. Torqued them properly, purrs like a kitten. Tuned idle and low RPM VE tables, runs oh so smooth. Was the one area I didn't spray with carb cleaner, 'til yesterday.

Anyways, so what's the word on the built engine? Milan's done as of last Saturday; was hoping I could get there in time, but oh well. Lapeer's open this weekend and next weekend as their final test and tunes. Really hoping to get to the track this weekend. I need a day or so to put whatever 500-750 miles on and do the oil changes and such before getting to the track (if it doesn't snow... -_- I hate snow). I must get to the track

I haz your money for the assembly... Can drop off the car anytime.

BTW, congrats on the baby , hope all is well, heard there were some issues but not sure what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Glad you solved your problem. Obviously not related to the exhaust work that was done.

I'm way behind.. the baby set me behind even more. I may be able to have the motor done by this weekend, but there's no way in hell you'll have a running car by then.

I have a proposition for you.. You may like this. Since you've been so patient, I'll give you some free dyno time and you can run the 1/4 mile on my dyno. It has a light tree and everything. It's accurate to a tenth or so. That way you can get a nice base line and go to the strip in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2
Dyno time would be great, I'd love to see what whp I make. As for dyno drag racing, it isn't something I'm really interested in. I need the real track, really want to get a video of my burnout and whining down the quarter. Many people awaiting this moment on the forums, and of course, me. I'm pumped, or I was.

If the car was ready to go to Lapeer by next weekend it would be absolutely amazing. I know you guys've been pushed behind, but the engine's been there since mid-September, and we targeted late October for completion, me hoping it'd be done sooner. Bottom end was nearly done around then, and mid-October the little parts arrived to close up the bottom end and put on the head. 'Tis mid-November, and it's cutting pretty close now. I would be highly disappointed to not be able to get one run in this year; it's been over a year since the last time I've been to the track.

I thought you put your main man on the engine build that Friday two weeks ago solidly to get it finished? A fellow Alero owner and a friend recently (at the same time I dropped mine off) pulled their engine, built it, and reinstalled it within a weekend, which had me figure SI'd be able to breeze through it (I know other projects exist and have varying priorities, along with your limited workforce, but still)

I dunno, I'm just really hoping to be able to get back to the track once this year.

And so there we stand. Needless to say I am highly disappointed.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote