Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Psyfox
GX Member

Psyfox is on a distinguished road
Putting on Window Decals

So I just got my Aleromod windshield and 3rd brake light decals today, and I was wondering what the best and easiest way to put them on is?

I know I should clean the windows with rubbing alcohol before I put them on...BUT, I heard something about spraying a water/soap mix on so you can situate the decals properly and then let it dry? Is this correct?

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a quick step-by-step so I don't screw this up, lol (Ion, I know you've done it...either you or someone else and it would be much appreciated).

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Psyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
ive never done it before, but im pretty sure i know the way to do it, its really simple.
get a light soap and water solution (couple drops of dishwashing soap and cup of water or something like that) in a spray bottle.
spray down both the window and back of decal
lay out decal on window and get it where you want it
keep it in place, and squeegy out the soapy water from behind it
should stay in place pretty well, and will permanantly stick once all the water has evaporated.
hopefully that is the correct way to do it, and hopefully it helped.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just clean the window.

Remove the back piece (to expose the adhesive side of the sticker).

You just use a flat hard straight piece, an applicator (real convenient) or a credit card to apply it to the window. Lay the sticker in place and use the card to apply it and have no bubbles. Once it's stuck on, slide the card over it in all different directions to make sure it's all stuck on real well.

Quick pic of an applicator pulled from Google. I personally use it tilted the other way, so you smoothly scrape on the sticker to the surface.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Soap and water or Windex.

Spray the location, peal backing only, place decal in place. Move around to desired location, dry with hairdryer and use a stright edge to work out all bubbles and water, slowly peel top part of decal taking care not to peel up the decal with the top peel.

You could do it Chris's way, it works, but you only get one shot

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ya, if you don't spray it won't move once you stick it, ha.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Psyfox
GX Member

Ok, just making sure I was right, lol. And I can't use windex I don't think because it has ammonia in it (aftermarket tints :P), but either way... I'll go the soap and water method and scrape the air bubbles out and let it sit for a while.

Wish me luck. :P

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/
Old 08-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
^^^^HUH?
You cant use windex (with ammonia) because of aftermarket tint?????? Did they put the tint on the outside of your windows? This would be the MOST retarded thing I have EVER heard. uhhhh, I take that back. Getting ran over AFTER standing on the hood of a car takes it, LOL. Sorry A.R., That shit was pretty retarded on your part.
-Smurf-
Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Psyfox
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
^^^^HUH?
You cant use windex (with ammonia) because of aftermarket tint?????? Did they put the tint on the outside of your windows? This would be the MOST retarded thing I have EVER heard. uhhhh, I take that back. Getting ran over AFTER standing on the hood of a car takes it, LOL. Sorry A.R., That shit was pretty retarded on your part.
-Smurf-

They did both inside and outside of all 4 of my windows plus my rear windshield all for $190. And that was with amazing quality tint. The guy has been doing it for 15+ years, so I'm not gonna argue it, lol...so if he tells me not to use any product with ammonia in it to clean my windows...sure, that's easy.

But anyway...decals are going on tomorrow along with the last of my interior lights and my front and rear AAS bumpers.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
whered u get an Amod windshield sticker?
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
They did both inside and outside of all 4 of my windows ...

ive never heard of the outside of a car window being tinted...let alone both inside and outside.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah that's weird..

@heineck: Check Aleromod Upgrades for where to get those banners.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
Crazytaxi37
The Dark Lord

Crazytaxi37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crazytaxi37
Tint on both sides? Are you crap'n me? I think you heard them wrong.