Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #41
slownlow43
GX Member

slownlow43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGentry View Post
lol. definitely not trying to start an argument! lol. Just think if youre gonna do it, you should use the blocks or the bars, NOT THE FRAME!

I truly pray that the "bars" you are referring to aren't the 2 or 4 link bars. IMO the safest, most responsible way to drag is a plated frame. After seeing pics of a drag block go through a windshield, plating seems to be the best way. Again, IMO

Oh, and you want drag footage? Here you go. I witnessed most of this dragging here in KC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03fVeGqxe4
Old 01-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
after that vid I want to bag my truck....if only I had the money
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #43
slownlow43
GX Member

slownlow43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
after that vid I want to bag my truck....if only I had the money

If you're serious about wanting to bag your truck PM me. A damn good friend of mine is puting a KP 6-link on his OBS and he's looking to sell his old rear setup, rear end and all. He'd probably sell it for fairly cheap too.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #44
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
poor guy at the end of that vid, that sucks....
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #45
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownlow43 View Post
If you're serious about wanting to bag your truck PM me. A damn good friend of mine is puting a KP 6-link on his OBS and he's looking to sell his old rear setup, rear end and all. He'd probably sell it for fairly cheap too.

like I said, I'd really love to but money is extremely tight right now..but sometime in the near future I'm going to start saving for it..if I can ever stop pouring money into the engine..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #46
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love that video. Got that one saved in my favorites as well
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #47
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Hey, you always comment in my project threads.. must mean I have cool projects, ahaha.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #48
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry, my bad.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #49
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Now you are offending more than one person.

Does it matter? So we're allowed to offend one person, but not alot of people? Why is redog allowed to bash frank, but frank can't bash back? Its all their opinions.

I agree with frank that heavily modding our cars is a horrible financial investment. But I can defend that very same statement in the fact that we all have a hobby or two that have zero financial returns to it. We do it because it makes us happy. (at least for a time)

I think minitrucks are pointless... but I can admire the time and work put into it. His truck looks pretty sweet... I'd never own one. Don't see a point... but he likes it. So be it. How is this different from him expressing his opinion about aleros?

And redog, I find it laughable that you say Frank is an internet stalker for you. You troll most of my posts, and even started on facebook before I deleted your comments. Look at the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #50
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
All cleaned.......
Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #51
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
sorry, my bad.

no, no, it's a good thing I mean
Old 01-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #52
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
All cleaned.......

lol..... maybe its for the best

Anyways..... do those "drag plates" usually get welded to the frame? Prolly a dumb question cause it seems like that would be the best/most durable option but i was wondering if people bolt them to the frame too?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #53
FrankTheTank
GLS member

FrankTheTank is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
no, no, it's a good thing I mean
lol due to a mediocre job of cleaning up this thread, it was made to look like i was apologizing to you, but in reality it was a sarcastic apology to redog.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #54
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
lol due to a mediocre job of cleaning up this thread, it was made to look like i was apologizing to you, but in reality it was a sarcastic apology to redog.

Mediocre. I left that there on purpose, I thought it was funny how it turned out to look. I should move it to another post and see what happens....lol