Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Thats why I got an overhead 10inch with 360 swivel...don't have to deal with all of this...LOL!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
ok. so im almost done soldering. BUT i have a yellow wire on the harness that plugs into the stock one....it says "12V memory" and then i have 1 yellow wire coming out of the harness that plugs into the CD player and it says "mute"........ ummmmm how come there is no 12v memory on the new harness? also, in the book is says if you have subwoofers dont connect the green wires (back left) but connect the purple (back right)......how come im only connecting one?

i need some help asap, so any HELP would be appreciated! thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Ok lets take care of one issue at a time.

The Pioneer has a yellow wire for constant 12V. Its a fused 10A yellow wire. That connects to the 12V constant on the adapter harness.

The yellow mute wire is a yellow wire w/black stripe. You wont be using this wire.

Now the subwoofer... They are saying if you are wiring a very small cheesy (factory) subwoofer up to the deck. So just wire the speakers up as normal.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #24
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
well first off i dont have another yellow wire on the adapter harness! the only yellow ones i have is the mute one and the constant 12v with the fuse is coming off the plug that goes into the head unit.....but there isnt another wire to solder it to! i do have a red wire that says 12V power coming out from the left (im pretty sure its the ACC wire cause i do have a red ACC wire on the new harness. ).

i also have a black wire coming from the harness that goes into the stock one....im thinking its a ground but i already have a ground coming off the new harness that im grounding to a bracket.

ALSO....can i just take the wire for the parking brake safety thing and wire it in to a fuse? lol i dont have a switch and i would like to get this done tonight although its not looking that way......

AND the 12v constant that comes off the new harness isnt long enough to go to the fuse box so idk what to do. dont have any good wires laying around either......

ryan u need to turn ur damn phone on.....it would be much easier to call instead of running upstairs to the computer to check for answers.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #25
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Ian 2000GL LA1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ian 2000GL LA1
i think they grounded the mute on mine as part of the bypass but don't quote me and mines is different, mabe that was the one switched.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #26
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afugy View Post
I'm sure that it is illegal to watch Tv and drive in your state.

not only that but i am aquiring my EMT-B license and i have seen way way too many videos and after math pictures of people driving with distractions and mangling themselves in ways most could never picture in their minds..... so i would say even if it is legal dont watch and drive hahah cause i dont wanna be the one with the snow shovel collecting brains and intestis of the pavement lol..
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #27
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ok, this gets confusing.

Lets have a Radio harness (RH) and an adapter harness (AH).

The Mute wire from the radio harness you wont be needing.

The Yellow 12V constant wire off the RH will go directly to the AH 12V constant wire. Same with the Red 12V ACC and the Black Ground. The Ground you can ground yourself if you like directly off the RH.

After that its a matter of hooking up 8 total speaker wires and running the cables to the brain box.

Its similar between all head units. I havent installed one of these types of decks, but its all common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
well first off i dont have another yellow wire on the adapter harness! the only yellow ones i have is the mute one and the constant 12v with the fuse is coming off the plug that goes into the head unit.....but there isnt another wire to solder it to! i do have a red wire that says 12V power coming out from the left (im pretty sure its the ACC wire cause i do have a red ACC wire on the new harness. ).

i also have a black wire coming from the harness that goes into the stock one....im thinking its a ground but i already have a ground coming off the new harness that im grounding to a bracket.

ALSO....can i just take the wire for the parking brake safety thing and wire it in to a fuse? lol i dont have a switch and i would like to get this done tonight although its not looking that way......

AND the 12v constant that comes off the new harness isnt long enough to go to the fuse box so idk what to do. dont have any good wires laying around either......

ryan u need to turn ur damn phone on.....it would be much easier to call instead of running upstairs to the computer to check for answers.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #28
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Ok, this gets confusing.

Lets have a Radio harness (RH) and an adapter harness (AH).

The Mute wire from the radio harness you wont be needing.

The Yellow 12V constant wire off the RH will go directly to the AH 12V constant wire. Same with the Red 12V ACC and the Black Ground. The Ground you can ground yourself if you like directly off the RH.

After that its a matter of hooking up 8 total speaker wires and running the cables to the brain box.

Its similar between all head units. I havent installed one of these types of decks, but its all common.

if i recall correctly, if he's using a chimes harness there wont be a 12v constant. i didn't really read the whole thread so I'm not sure if he is. But yeah, if he is he'll need to run a 12v constant line from the ignition switch and fuse it. Alero is the easiest car to do it in imo. Actually it might be the ACC wire I'm thinking of /shrug

Last edited by sound_xtreme : 10-09-2009 at 02:03 PM.
sound_xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #29
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Motivation:

$21
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
to answer the question about viewing video while driving, i have a pioneer AVH5700DVD. just ground it with a switch before the ground. in order for it to display video it needs to see ground - nothing - ground. just flip the switch up and down and she-bam. video. make sure to just ground the parking brake wire (to view the video while driving)

edit : my bad for thread jesus-ing

Last edited by MattismodderX : 10-31-2009 at 10:15 AM.
MattismodderX is offline   Reply With Quote