Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Question Tape Player Error

well, i actually use my tape player more than my cd player in my 2000 alero. the tape player is used for an ipod adapter and yesterday it spits the adapeter out and gives me error "El0" on the screen. any ideas? lately its been telling me to clean it with "Cln" so maybe it'll work if i get a cleaning tape? idk...please help...i need my tunes back

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Wow they still sell cassette tapes
14alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14alero View Post
Wow they still sell cassette tapes

lawl, i havent seen any
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

its the "aux" adapter that goes in the tape player that i use. i don't actually play casette tapes.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
...so youre hooking ipod up to the cassette thing? or a cd player up to the casette thing?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

ipod... what difference is it?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
its the "aux" adapter that goes in the tape player that i use. i don't actually play casette tapes.

i know, i have one in my other car, and in the alero for my ipoo
Old 10-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
aleroguy
GX Member

aleroguy is on a distinguished road
I also would like to use my mp3 player and hook it up via the tape deck but i get the same error.

You brought up a good point thought, it could very well be dirty...I know mine looks really dirty from the outside, maybe a tape cleaner would work.

Oh well, my drive is very short anyways, so the radio does just fine for me now...if you do clean it, let me know how it turns out
aleroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
if/when you clean it, get a cleaner/demagnetizer.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
if/when you clean it, get a cleaner/demagnetizer.

demagnatizer?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Use an FM transmitter?
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
Use an FM transmitter?

those things are garbage. nice way to reduce your sound quality right down to zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
demagnatizer?

chances are you didn't own the car before, and someone was using actual cassettes in them. They have magnetic tape (duh) and after rubbing one magnet by a piece of metal enough times, the metal starts to become magnetic itself.

alot of tape cleaners now have the demagnetizing part already on them... its just a matter of reading, in most cases. (RS sells one that does, one that doesn't)
Old 10-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #13
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
GM cassette error codes

Pulled these off another site: Dont know how current they are but hope they help!

Cassette Errors

E10 : Tight tape error Cause(s): A restricted cassette tape transport or broken cassette drive belt Correction: Substitute a different cassette tape. If there still is an error code, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E11 : Broken Tape Error Cause(s): A broken cassette tape Correction(s): Substitute a different cassette tape

E12 : Communication Error Cause(s): A vehicle/radio communication problem or an internal radio communication problem Correction(s): Disconnect the battery voltage to the radio then reconnect after a few minutes. If there still is an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E13 : Tape Communication Error Cause(s): The micro-processor is reading the speed pulses from the tape deck either too fast or too slow. Correction(s): It the tape player is still playing a cassette, try a new cassette. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E14 : Wrapped Tape Cause(s): The tape is wrapped around the capstan. This means a tape is wound up in the tape player. This error message could appear when a CD adapter is being used. Other causes could be old or damaged tapes. Long playing (90 or 120 minute) tapes are thin and can stretch easily creating this condition. Correction(s): Try playing a known good quality tape. Remove the CD adapter.
C
ln Tape Indicator Cause(s): This message appears after 50 hours of accumulated tape play. Correction(s): We suggest cleaning the tape head. Then reset the radio by depressing the eject button for five seconds. Cleaning the heads will not reset the "Cln" display. To reset the "Cln" display, push and hold the eject button for five seconds. The display will return to its normal display.

CD Errors

E20 : Focus Error Cause(s): The CD player cannot focus on the disc or there is an internal focus problem. Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If the problem is not corrected, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E21 : Tracking Error Cause(s): There is a problem with reading the disc Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E22 : Motor Error Cause(s): The CD motor is not handling the compact disc properly. Correction(s): Service or exchange the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E23 : Communications Error Cause(s): There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or an internal radio communication problem. Correction(s): Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes. If there is still an error, send the unit to an ACDelco® Service Center.

LLAI CD Changer Errors

E30 : Focus Error Cause(s): The CD player cannot focus on the disc or there is an internal focus problem. Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E31 : Tracking Error Cause(s): There is a problem with reading the disc. Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or try using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E32 : Motor Error Cause(s): The CD motor is not handling the compact disc properly or defective magazine mounting screws are interfering with the mechanism. Correction(s): Reload the magazine. If there is still a problem, replace the magazine. If the problem continues, back out the mounting screws. If the condition is corrected, replace the screws with shorter screws or add washers to the existing screws. If this condition still exists, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E33 : CD Changer Communication Error Cause(s): There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or internal radio communication problem. Correction(s): Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes. If there is still an error, determine if the problem is with the radio, the harness or the changer. Inspect for correct voltage at all connectors. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelco® Service Center.

E34 : Changer Door Open

E35 : Changer Magazine Empty

FMI 10-Disc Changer Errors

E01 Cause: This indicates a malfunction of the disc changer functions. Correction: Before sending the unit in for service, perform the following procedure:
Press the reset button on both the changer and the remote. The reset button on the changer is located on the front panel of the unit. It can be activated with the tip of a pin.
If the unit does not operate after resetting it, remove the magazine by inserting a business card between the magazine and the mechanism. The lock lever will disengage to allow the magazine to eject.
Make sure all CDs are in the magazine and none remain lodged in the carriage. If, upon removing the magazine, a CD is found lodged in the carriage, remove all CDs from the magazine and reinsert the magazine into the changer.
Press the eject button. This should cause the lodged CD to move from the carriage into the empty magazine. The magazine should automatically eject and normal operation will return.
If the changer fails to resume normal operation, send the unit to an ACDelco® Service Center.

E30 Cause: Excessive temperature Correction: Let the temperature of the changer resume to the normal range.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Good find lonnie.

Must have been in the archives haha

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #15
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
What is a tape? haha. I had my assistant football coach rolling when he brought me in a VHS copy of our first football game. I was trying to stuff it in the dvd player and told him I had no idea what this big thing was or how it works.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #16
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
i have a clean tape error.. where can i get a cleaner/demagnetize cassette
Old 10-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01OldsAleroGt View Post
i have a clean tape error.. where can i get a cleaner/demagnetize cassette
I think any antique shop would carry one of those..LOL

...really you should be able to get them from walmart, or kmart a place like that.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #18
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I think any antique shop would carry one of those..LOL

...really you should be able to get them from walmart, or kmart a place like that.

lol god.. its not that antique... lol

and i found it on Radioshack.com for 15 bucks and all stores have it
Old 10-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #19
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Did you take it in to have a dealer cheack it out 1st?

Have a good day

Last edited by AGT : 10-23-2008 at 03:43 PM.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Umm, the tape adapter I just bought clearly states Not recommended for use with vehicles with AC Delco radios. Having said that, I ordered a Belkin branded one from Amazon and they sent me the Philips one instead. It's unclear to me how bad this problem is because people seem to be doing using them anyway.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote