Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-11-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Just a general question, that some may like to know or may not know.........

On power mirrors does manually moving the mirror around hurt anything? Can you break anything inside your mirrors?
Old 05-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
For whatever reason, I'm gonna take a guess @ "yes" The only time I've seen inside one of those power mirrors housings, there were 4 cables tieing to the back of the plastic, and I assume they went to 2 gearboxes of sorts?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:33 AM   #3
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
no they don't hurt anything.. actually you can manual push it up and down to remove the glass, etc. Acutally i use mine as a manual mirror since i shaved my power mirror button/window switches when i fiberglassed my door panels. My button didn't work anyway.. bad inside contacts. lol
Old 05-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
yar, it wont really hurt anything. ive had mine totally apart and ya gotta manually move it around to do that.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:07 AM   #5
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine stopped working a while ago. Sucks for other people who want to drive the alero...heh
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #6
grizlam

I've moved my mirrors when scrapping off ice in the winter. When I adjusted them from inside the car, a horrible grinding noise made me freak out. After the initial grinding noise, I've never heard it again. So to answer your question, no it wont hurt it, as far as my experience is concerned.