Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-22-2004, 10:47 PM   #1
theirishgonzo

i just tool myt car in for matince and they said i needed over 500 in break repairs. also they said my extended warentee did not cover the window replace.

i am mad i had my rotors replaced around 10k miles ago and they are allready gone and i am not hard or ride the breaks.

is major guARD JUST POWER TRAIN OR IS IT BUMPER TO BUMPER?

i was told it was bumper to bumper.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
SirNotAppearing

if i remember correctly brake pads and rotors are considered maintenance.....well at least for the gm used car extended warranty.....
no matter....you will want to get aftermarket rotors anyways
the gm rotors are made of soft iron, whereas most aftermarket rotors will be made of nikel iron alloy, which is MUCH harder.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:51 PM   #3
SirNotAppearing

er quick question admins can i delete my own posts or do i have to edit them out?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:38 AM   #4
theirishgonzo

i have a frend who works for a brake company i will see if he can hook me up he got some good stuff for my dads twin turbo stealth

but if i upgrade my breaks and calapers will i need to upgrade my master cilinger to go with the breaks?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:24 AM   #5
DCAleroGL

On topic, check the fine print on your warranty, there should be a section called "parts not covered." Typically, normal wearing parts such as belts, hoses, brakes, and tires are never covered. Even GM's bumper to bumper wouldn't.
Off topic, I researched upgrading brakes on my last car, and I believe that you must replace the master cylinder only if you are changing drums to discs. If you are putting in better calipers and bigger rotors, the original cylinders would be fine. Most upgrade kits don't even mention a new cylinder. Can any mechs out there verify?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #6
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by SirNotAppearing@Jul 22 2004, 11:51 PM
er quick question admins can i delete my own posts or do i have to edit them out?
If you want something deleted, PM one of the moderators of that section, or any of the admins, and just put a link to the thread in the message :thumbsup:

Only moderators and admins can delete topics.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:53 AM   #7
theirishgonzo

well i called gm about my warentee and i was told everything but the glass in the door is covered by warentee. maybe i will have them fix the problem that is makeing the glass scratched and see if i can get new glass and free install or sothing.