Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 10-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #21
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
78 is a little edgy on that road. Yeah there were a lot of sheriffs. I was doing 38-40ish and ended up skidding around a turn and near-missing a bike... now the entire group that I drove with is bashing me hardcore on that forum.

oh shit, bashing you for sliding out of the lane?

all my friends i know who drove their car through 129 really just kind of play it safe and dont really push thier cars, just kinda take it easy and sometimes get frisky in the turns they know (Z, miata, SRT4, S2k, ITR, CTR, EK, EG)

that place is pretty serious, i mean people die up there every year..... its really a place where your driving for your life if your not careful.

even when i rode my bike up there, i was in even more danger because of cars creeping out of their lane, especially longer cars.

it was actually a nightmare when semi trucks came through

300+ turns in 11 miles......got to be careful unless your car is serious business for that kind of terrain.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yep. Huge piss-fest over there. I took all the roads around there nice and comfortably, but when I joined the group of cars I went at their pace and I found out the rear end kicks out with this amount of body roll and hitting a bump around a turn. I countersteered and regained control as quickly as physically possible and got back to my lane but a bike was coming around the corner so we both shat bricks upon seeing each other.

The bike turned around and came back for me, followed for a long way and then gave me the finger-across-throat signal that he wanted to kill me.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #23
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah thats why the cops are there lol, to help regulate the frisky people, so accidents dont occur.

to be honest if i went with my alero (in good running shape), i wouldnt even try to keep pace with anyone, or even "try" to drive it hardand just drive as relaxed as possible and only go for the pictures. i feel the alero needs extensive work to handle in those types of situations.

i bet you were doing more work than actually enjoying the road, you need a machine like this to have fun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dragon11.JPG (20.8 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg dragon14.JPG (20.0 KB, 97 views)
Old 10-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed, I want a bike.

I saw bicyclists on it the last day I drove.... wtf
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #25
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah, i kinda came to the conclusion if you want to go fast, get the fastest thing designed to go fast.

and there alero is just for show with a tad of go really. i couldnt handle the turbo headaches you have
Old 10-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #26
tnalero99
GX Member

tnalero99 is an unknown quantity at this point
You suck Chris. I told you I could join up with you and run with you guys, not that for from me. I have family in the area with plenty of rooms to stay in. Better keep me in mind next time you make that trip.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #27
JoshGentry
GL Member

JoshGentry is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I've been there before and had no idea it was that big of an attraction. I didnt even know it had a name. lol. Looks fun.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #28
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
Nice to see you still have a nice, clean, functional car.

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote