Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Oznium LED Replacement Guide

I was checking my subscriptions and I saw two or three threads with different informaton on different sized LEDs and where they fit in our car. From what I have gathered this can be confusing because LEDs use size measurements rather than an identifying number.

In light of that, lets consolidate what size LEDs belong to each respective bulb in our car. A lot of people like oznium.com which is why I put that in the title but if you have a specific URL of a favored site, with the right size for the specific stock bulb throw it up.

Dome lights, glove box lights, center console lights...wherever we may have them and if they can be replaced. I like doing things like this because it makes it much easier to direct the new folks and reduces fluff posts.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.oznium.com/led-dome

For dome lights. The thread I have read said they send out dummy fitting adapters for stock sockets. I have read that buying the flexible, though more expensive, is easier to fit than the rigid. But with enough maneuvering I think they all fit and work because of ozniums adapter fitting system.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
There are two different dome light setups in these cars. One takes a festoon bulb, the other has 2 194s up front, and i don't know what behind it.

as for the others, I have no idea, I custom mounted all of mine.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Well crud, what models have the different fittings?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #5
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

This is a thread fail apparently.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Throw up superbrightleds on there

And for the most part all I know is:
Dome front - Festoon Type (212)
Dome rear - 194 x 2
Map lights (courtesy) - 194 x 2
Cubby Hole - 74
Glove box - 194
Gauge cluster - (194 inverted) x 5
PRND321 - 194
Trunk - Festoon (212)
License - 194
Fog lamp - 894 (can be 880)
High beams - 9005
Low Beams - 9006
Front Turn Signals - 3057 (amber)
Front corner signal - 194 (amber)
Rear corner signal (next to outer tail) - 194 (red)
Rear outer tail - 3057 (red)
Rear inner tail - 3056 (can be 3057, also red)
High mount stop lamp - 921 (red)
Back up - 921
Rear turn signals - 3057 (amber)

ummmmmm, I think thats it

Last edited by jhubbz : 12-05-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added colors!
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #7
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

It isn't limited to oznium. Just whatever works best.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
Brad Jahnke

Any suggestions on how to remove the 5 inverted 194's in the gauge cluster? They have them stupid twistlock things and I don't wanna break anything...
Old 05-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Jahnke View Post
Any suggestions on how to remove the 5 inverted 194's in the gauge cluster? They have them stupid twistlock things and I don't wanna break anything...

what are you looking to replace them with? or are you going to keep the same bulb?

youll have to maneuver two little metal hooks inside the old socket
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Brad Jahnke

I'm gonna put blue 194's in the sockets but I don't wanna do any irreversible damage to the sockets or the holes. They seem to be in there pretty good and don't want to turn.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

They just twist out. I put red in place of mine.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #12
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm gonna put blue 194's in the sockets but I don't wanna do any irreversible damage to the sockets or the holes. They seem to be in there pretty good and don't want to turn.

you may not be turning the right way if your struggling so much, ha
just twist. there really isnt anything you can brake if you twist really hard
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
Old 05-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Brad, if your looking at the back of the bulb (the rectagular "handle" part) they twist to the left and pull out. I've had to use needle nose pliers a few times to get them free. Fingertips just weren't cutting it.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #14
Brad Jahnke

The needlenose pliers were the key...I'm a big Guy, I didn't wanna break anything lol
Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

sometimes a slightly better grip/angle makes a world of difference.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
Christato71
GX Member

Christato71 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Christato71 Send a message via AIM to Christato71 Send a message via MSN to Christato71 Send a message via Skype™ to Christato71
What are the 4 other smaller bulbs on the gauge cluster?

Blog
Christato71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #17
spc2125
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christato71 View Post
What are the 4 other smaller bulbs on the gauge cluster?

various things. for example directionals
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
Old 05-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #18
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Cherry you have a how to for replacing the bulbs with LEDs in the control panel don't you?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #19
cherrington17
Gone

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...light=Hvac+led
Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #20
Brad Jahnke

If instead of replacing the bulbs in the twistlock sockets in the gauge cluster, I wanted to purchase replacement twistlock bulbs from superbrightleds.com, does anyone know what size I would buy? Apparently there are 3, 4 and 5mm sizes? Or am I missing something?