Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Tail of the Dragon

Short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4BC88CmwR8

Pictures from the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway in Tennessee and North Carolina.

Various professional photographers were all over, here's a few that are online already from one company:

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #2
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
k I missed something...where's your bumper cover? err...where's your bumper? lol (bumper I see is to fit the FMIC)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I took it off for a while because my friend was/is going to fiberglass it to be like this:

Rear will be smoothed without holes, same with side skirts.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
I took it off for a while because my friend was/is going to fiberglass it to be like this:

Rear will be smoothed without holes, same with side skirts.

your not worried about road debris hitting your intercooler?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
you need to work on that body roll, besides that looks like a fantastic test of suspension. is it a sanctioned event?
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
your not worried about road debris hitting your intercooler?
No, they're cheap. Do you have a screen over your radiator? That's more important and no one does that. It has a few little dings in some of the fins, but who cares..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
you need to work on that body roll, besides that looks like a fantastic test of suspension. is it a sanctioned event?
Public road, regular driving. Sway bar wasn't made in time, just had front and rear strut bars and boxed/welded trailing arms. Car was stiff, suspension wasn't.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:56 AM   #7
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
ok I have to ask, what suspension drop are you using and size of rims? because I love the no gap in the wheel wells. btw the car looks good right now can't wait till the front bumper is on
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
X2 Ion

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Stock, that's body roll lol. I like how it looks lowered from certain angles as I went around the corners.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
holy sheehs thats the body roll! yea you deff need that fixed lol.

what size is the rims?
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
haha i like how the passenger is hanging on like holy shit slow down
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
ah yes the dragon....been there many times only on the bikenever in the alero, when and why were you in TN?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

Thurs/Fri/Sat, and because I wanted to drive the Dragon and Skyway.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
So sick... just wish it didnt have a bodykit

what kinds of brakes you got tho?? seems like alot of down hills.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

R1Concepts drill/slot rotors, APEX kevlar pads, DOT 5.1 fluid.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
Looks like fun. Ion since you drove with the pretty much stock suspension, you will be amazed if you ever get Eibach's on that thing.

My car handled so much better in the mountains after i had them installed...
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

Struts are more important. KYB AGX + Eibach springs when I get a chance. Lately I've been handling engine stuff.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #18
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Well Ion your car is still very sexy...

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
lol did you like all the cops up there? i remember last time i was there got a ticket for 78 in a 30.......sigh
Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

78 is a little edgy on that road. Yeah there were a lot of sheriffs. I was doing 38-40ish and ended up skidding around a turn and near-missing a bike... now the entire group that I drove with is bashing me hardcore on that forum.