Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-17-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
terrylink
GX Member

terrylink is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool *Hood Adjustment*

After my daughter hit a deer I changed the left front fender. When finished I noticed the gap between the hood and the fender was wider on the right side than it is on the left side. Its about 3/8ths on one side and 1/8th on the other. Can you adjust the hood from side to side to even the gap? If so, do you adjust it by loosening the upper bolts on the hood hinges so you can slide the hood over a bit? Thanks in advance if anyone knows about this. TL

Last edited by terrylink : 02-17-2008 at 09:58 AM.
terrylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
how dose the fender look to the door. could be the fender needs adjusted. there should be play in all the holes for adjustment. you might have to add shims if needed

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
I have the same problem with my hood, except mine might be bent. I tried ajusting the top hinge bolts, but no luck. Even tried taking the whole hood off then on again. My fenders are fine though.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
terrylink
GX Member

the fender and door are a perfect fit.........
Old 02-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
if your car was hit by a deer with out a doubt that the core support is pushed over, take a look at the striker on the hood if it moved over then thats the sign of the core support is over
and that means it has to be pulled back on the frame machine, frame labor where i work is 85 an hour, or if its not pushed over is this an aftermarket fender, if the answer is yes, i use a step drill bit make holes bigger, and it is only sheet metal so push the fender over with out denting the panel
the only aftermarket company i trust is keystone, they use oem technology meaning sheet metal has the correct e-coat on it
lets see a pic of said front end i ican help more
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
terrylink
GX Member

The fender wasn't dented bad enough for the unibody to be pushed in. The gap on the other side was a bit narrower than it was before I think. I've done enough body work that I thought this was strange. i suppose it is possible that the unibody could have been tweaked but I don't think so. I did actually redrill the fender bolt holes and it still needs to move over another quarter inch or so.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
terrylink
GX Member

What is the striker?
Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
when my hood was a little higher than the fender, a few guys from here just fixed the big bolts under the hood.
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote