Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Broken rear stabilizer bracket

Anyone ever break one? This is the second one I have broke in the last year. Both have broken in the same spot. I do have an aftermarket rear sway bar but I don't think that should matter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140113_090310.jpg (58.4 KB, 68 views)
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
The one on the frame? The one that looks like a C Clamp?

Yeah I broke that one. Just once. Dealership run

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it bolts to the rear subframe. I broke the driver's side a while back. Now the passenger side broke yesterday. I thought my exhaust was hitting the driver's side and thats why it broke but there is nothing to hit the passenger side one. Just wondering why they are breaking.

Already ordered it from the dealer, had to be overnighted.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Same here when I replaced mine. I only had the part were the bolt screws into the frame, the rest was gone. My mech told me that since the aftermarket bar is so thick, it snaps the clamp sometimes. Still not going to give up the thicker bar

At first I ordered the wrong part, so I ordered the correct part and the wrong part for the other side

I orgianlly bought the end link

www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 12-10-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Glad I'm not the only one who has broken one. I payed $8.38 for one at the dealer so as long as they are that cheap I'm keeping the bigger bar in.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
And do you have the part number by chance ? I will just go buy 2 and have it over with and keep them in the trunk You can PM if ya want
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

22602470 is the part number.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:45 AM   #8
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
Interesting....are they breaking within any certain mileage interval period or just random? Are you guys using the PFYC shipped bushings or something else? I have the PFYC sway bars on my GA so I'll have to keep an eye on this as well. Since we're on the topic, you guys having any squeaking issues? I've been chasing noises both front & rear since installing the bigger bars, so wondering if that is another common problem. Anyone have the part number for the front brackets? I'm thinking of drilling the stock brackets to add grease fittings and then go with greasable energy suspension bushings.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

I've broken the end links on my front bar a few times. One time the bar was just there, not bolted in anymore. When one side of the front link breaks, the bar will hit the body when turning into a driveway.

I have the GA poly bushings in the car. Any rattling I've had has been either a broken swaybar item, or suspension mount. All my bushings in the control arms are orginal, 149,000 mile, 14.5 year old orginals. I haven't had any problems with these bushings on the Delta either and than car turned 30 in October

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained01 View Post
And do you have the part number by chance ? I will just go buy 2 and have it over with and keep them in the trunk You can PM if ya want

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
22602470 is the part number.

Getting my recall work done on Jan 7th. I might just have to order extras of these myself

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Interesting....are they breaking within any certain mileage interval period or just random? Are you guys using the PFYC shipped bushings or something else? I have the PFYC sway bars on my GA so I'll have to keep an eye on this as well. Since we're on the topic, you guys having any squeaking issues? I've been chasing noises both front & rear since installing the bigger bars, so wondering if that is another common problem. Anyone have the part number for the front brackets? I'm thinking of drilling the stock brackets to add grease fittings and then go with greasable energy suspension bushings.

I don't remember what mileage the first one broke at but the second one broke at 179,xxx. I'm using the bushings that came with the bar. I use Super Lube on my bushings, http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000XB...293868-2212558. I have squeaking from the rear upper strut mounts that need replacing.

Front bracket part number is 22660396.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #11
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
I checked the rear brackets tonight and they seem to be fine but are squeaking. I had put a few spacer washers under the bracket on the stud when I installed the larger sway bars so maybe that's why they aren't cracking yet. I'm going to drill some stock brackets and install grease fittings. I had purchased energy suspension bushings but couldn't use their generic brackets so my plan is to try using them with stock brackets and grease fittings so I can keep them lubricated which hopefully will stop the squeaking.