Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 09-15-2007, 07:11 AM   #41
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
thanks although my car isn't black. lol
Is it dark green, and is that how it rolls out of the factory? Damn sure looks black...well any who still looks good.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #42
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Yeah man looks good. I have the same mod but i acually got my LED modd free when i ordered something for the alero online... it was weird. I opened the box and the part i ordered was there and the LED modd to. Mine was a hard plastic (clear) and i mounted it the same way you did. Looks great!

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #43
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Is it dark green, and is that how it rolls out of the factory? Damn sure looks black...well any who still looks good.

dude his car is blue, adjust your monitor.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #44
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
For a comparison, incase anyone wondered, this is the Impala LED strip on my car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
I pay attention, i know almost everyone's names
Do you know my name?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #45
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
both cars look good. maybe i will do something like this.

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #46
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gonna shave mine some day.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:50 PM   #47
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
For a comparison, incase anyone wondered, this is the Impala LED strip on my car:

Do you know my name?

I think yours was the one I got the idea from. I just went with ones from oznium...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #48
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
dude his car is blue, adjust your monitor.
Yeah that's why I asked a question.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #49
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

I had to bring this back cause.....damn it I have a question. Is it enough room to get two of the oznium flexi strips in there? Cause before I order these I want to know that I can do what I want to do. This question is for those of you that have done this mod.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #50
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Yes. I got the LED strips from oznium. I forget the sizes though. All I did was cut a piece of luan board to fit inside the housing and glued the strips to the board. I also left a little slot in the board to run the wires in and out through one of the light sockets and wired it up to the plug. It's easy and takes maybe 30 minutes to an hour. Gotta give the glue some time to set.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #51
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Quote:
Well obviously, the first thing I did was order the LED Strip from Oznium.com. I got the 9.7"? one and the 1.2" one so I had enough to go all the way accross. Then I cut out a piece of Luan to fit inside the 3rd brake light assembly seen here:

Put adhesive tape on the back of the LEDs and taped it on the Luan. I also glued down the wire for the 1.2" strip.

Next, I took off the light bulb assembly and ran the wires through one of the holes in the back.

The rest is a piece of cake. Just wire it up to the 3rd brake light plug and you are good to go.

here you go lonnie.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #52
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Thanks cav but how far down is the lunan board in the light housing? Does it just sit at the top and if so what about the lense? Here's what I'm trying to do one strip will be for the brakes, and the other will be really two seperate ones together for the signal lights, but what I'm concerned about is the the room between the lense and the strips, if you are following me.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #53
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

I'll take it apart today and take a couple pigs of it. The luan board fits inside the whole assembly. And I glued the strips on in the middle. Although, I would move it up just a tad as it is slightly low when in the middle in my opinion, but it looks good either way.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #54
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
I'll take it apart today and take a couple pigs of it. The luan board fits inside the whole assembly. And I glued the strips on in the middle. Although, I would move it up just a tad as it is slightly low when in the middle in my opinion, but it looks good either way.
I really appreciate that Cav cause I cant picture how its sitting in there.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #55
jeenysrider07
V.I.P baby

jeenysrider07 is on a distinguished road
i like it cav i am going to make mine myself so i can say that i made it the pattern will be -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
jeenysrider07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #56
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
I just finally did something to my 3rd. It is something like this...

That is taken off anderbras site. Mine is clear with three really bright 5mm leds.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #57
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre179 View Post
I just finally did something to my 3rd. It is something like this...

That is taken off anderbras site. Mine is clear with three really bright 5mm leds.
Got any pics?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #58
bizarre179
GL Member

I work all week and my car isn't in town... So maybe this weekend I can go snap some pics.

Also have a couple projects that are going to be finished this week ( or damn near close) that I will post up to. Its all a surprise, so I cant say what it is.

kim<3
Old 07-17-2008, 04:35 AM   #59
bizarre179
GL Member

Sorry for the terrible pics. They were taken with my phone tonight. I went to go burn stuff in a fire and fit my new center console (which i will be posting pics up tomorrow after paint), so I decided I would snap some pics of what I got going on back there. The car needs to be washed and the adhesive from the emblems still needs to be removed.... but you get the idea.

Oh and I noticed that when I removed the Alero emblem from the deck, it appeared to be "ghosted" onto the lid. Explanation being someone got lazy and clear coated with the emblems on. It kinda looks cool none the less (in person).

Its late. Goodnight.

kim<3

Last edited by bizarre179 : 07-17-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Resized pictures
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #60
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Holly shit those are some big pics...I ate my lunch before I got to the other side....lol. So how did you do it? Looks good by the way!