Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #41
ServO
GL Member

ServO is on a distinguished road
Ohhh man that's horrible! I smoke in my car, but I wipe her down practically every weekend...windows, dash, you name it...I thought my rags looked dirty when I got done but DAAAAMMMM.
Lookin foward to watchin this morph into a decent ride.
ServO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #42
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
we went through me entire stash of rags and washed them and used them again, it will never look like my alero, not for 900bucks
i still have to do this stuff
replace drivers side window regulator
replace wheels and tires
replce winshield and left trim
tint windows
replace brakes front and rear
remove body side moldings and emblems
buff and buff and buff some more to make it shine again
and get it running!!!
change the oil
fuel filter
spark plugs
clean throttle body
install my old wing
have my striper do his magic
replace serpetine belt
wheel alignment
replace ignition switch
and i think thats it
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #43
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
geeeze, the carpet is horrible! are you able to remove the stains? or are you going to buy new carpet for it?
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #44
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord2heart View Post
geeeze, the carpet is horrible! are you able to remove the stains? or are you going to buy new carpet for it?

if you read the thread....no, he cleaned it VERY thoroughly. Shes looking better! keep up the good work....
Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #45
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ya i tried and tried the stains arent going away
Old 07-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #46
Afugy
I poop alot

Afugy is on a distinguished road
They look like coffee stains. I've got one (not my fault), I've tried everything but once its dried its in there. I even have stuff that will take out sharpie but it only worked a little. Good luck
Afugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #47
lord2heart
GL Member

lord2heart is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lord2heart Send a message via MSN to lord2heart Send a message via Yahoo to lord2heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
if you read the thread....no, he cleaned it VERY thoroughly. Shes looking better! keep up the good work....

yeah i have but i was just sayn that if all hope fails and couldnt get the stains out, is he ganna buy new carpet as a last resort
lord2heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #48
bdyman
GLS member

no this is a first car for ms.bdymans oldest daughter so its getting cleaned up, thats it
Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #49
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Too bad Billy Mays isn't around anymore cause you could really use his help right about now for those stains...

Congrats on getting the smell out, I wouldn't of thought that would come out. Buh... That smell haunts my dreams. Just an alero driving with a huge fat old granny sticking out of the window with a cheeseburger in one hand and a cigarette in the other screaming "I'm going to get you"....AHHHH ShiT!!...ok I'm awake...

Anyway, the project looks to be coming along pretty nicely ha... Still aways to go, but at least it is a project/something to do for you now.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 AM   #50
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Could some of that dupicolor vinyl carpert spray work to clean it up a bit more
Old 07-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #51
bdyman
GLS member

i thought about dying the carpet but then i stoped and said to my self its for a 16 yr old and its her first car, and it looks 100%better then it did when she first got the car
i took apart one of the front seats last night and ms.bdyman washed the covers, and wow!! night and day difference, and the smell of nicotine and rotten ass is gone
i pray it fires up this weekend
Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #52
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
I hope you got a REALLY good deal, from the looks of that crap heap. Not a project I would have bothered with.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #53
Coldfire
GL Member

Coldfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
the smell of nicotine and rotten ass is gone

But that's what gave it character!
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #54
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
I hope you got a REALLY good deal, from the looks of that crap heap. Not a project I would have bothered with.

lol dude i know, but for 900 bucks, and a first car for a 16yr old plus not to mention iam bored out of my mind so this is keeping me buisy during the day, i dont mind, and i have fixed worse, this is mild to what i have seen over the yrs
from bloody tampons, to crack cocaine, to mice, to roaches

so this is mild
Old 08-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #55
bdyman
GLS member

good news
after me and scot tried to fire the ashtray up, i posted a ad on craigslist, looking for gm techs, and i got one, he came out today and diaognosed the problem in 15mins, the pcm is fried, so i ordered one today off ebay and programed for 66 bucks
and i hope when i get it that its going to fire up, and then the rest is all gravy from there

i hope it does, so far we have 100 bucks into the car, about 3 days worth of cleaning, the drivers side seat is screwed, i took it apart, the foam is ripped and some other parts are destroyed, so i need a seat, 2 window regulators, rt mirror, finsih the tune-up, clean some more, and put scots old wheels on it, and i should be good for now, i really really want the car running for the meet, so i have 14 days to get it done
wish me luck
Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #56
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
good luck sir
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #57
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just get 2 cans of that carpet paint go black and no stains or any new ones
Old 08-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #58
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
good news
after me and scot tried to fire the ashtray up, i posted a ad on craigslist, looking for gm techs, and i got one, he came out today and diaognosed the problem in 15mins, the pcm is fried, so i ordered one today off ebay and programed for 66 bucks
and i hope when i get it that its going to fire up, and then the rest is all gravy from there

I was actually suspecting that, but wasn't sold on the idea. I've seen too many replaced that weren't actually bad.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #59
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey chris,
Not to get off topic on your thread, but the old wheels that were on it, you want to get rid of those? haha... I will take them off your hands if you have new wheels for the ashtray... (need them so I can take the rims off of my car)

Ok resume Ashtray Project. Good luck with the engine bro... Hopefully that new pcm works for ya...
Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #60
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i have some stocker seats i'll sell you chris.....