Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #61
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
have the bar mounted facing up
idk i didnt have a problem at all

you have the 2.2i think he has the 3400. the altenator is in a drfferent location on the 3400 than the 2.2.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #62
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i do have the 3400. my bar is facing forward. its the only way it will fit. i suppose i could try putting the mounts on backwards and see if the allows me to mount the bar straight across. that should allow me to go "up" with it.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #63
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
just installed both of mine today. used a 13mm socket, 14mm socket, and a 20 or 21mm wrench. also good hint.... the nuts you need for the rear... ARE THE SAME SIZE AS THE ONES USED UP FRONT.

I went to home depot and they didnt even have 13 mm nuts (assuming thats the correct nut)

where did you get yours?
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #64
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
I went to home depot and they didnt even have 13 mm nuts (assuming thats the correct nut)

where did you get yours?

try lowes, ace hardware walmart.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #65
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

where did you get yours?

sooo. what i did was take one of the nuts off of the front strut... walked to our parts department... rummaged through the nut/bolt bin till i found a bolt to fit the nut from the car... then... found a new nut to fit said bolt.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #66
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
sooo. what i did was take one of the nuts off of the front strut... walked to our parts department... rummaged through the nut/bolt bin till i found a bolt to fit the nut from the car... then... found a new nut to fit said bolt.

I have a local hardware store with rows of all that stuff. same proses.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #67
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i do have the 3400. my bar is facing forward. its the only way it will fit. i suppose i could try putting the mounts on backwards and see if the allows me to mount the bar straight across. that should allow me to go "up" with it.

I have a solid aluminum STB front and rear the the front is notched out for the alternator.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #68
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
DAMN DO THESE BARS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
now i just need to get my steering aligned and ill be good to go
(as well as my H&R springs in the spring)
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #69
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Quote:

Well did you get your car aligned when you changed your rims for winter. I align my car twice a year and balance my rims when ever I switch them. But when you get springs you should get new struts like gr2's or agx's. You will need another alignment after that. My school has an alignment machine one of the ways I save money working on my car.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #70
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
told ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
Well did you get your car aligned when you changed your rims for winter. I align my car twice a year and balance my rims when ever I switch them. But when you get springs you should get new struts like gr2's or agx's. You will need another alignment after that. My school has an alignment machine one of the ways I save money working on my car.

lucky...
Old 02-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #71
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Just got mine in...the rear was a pain in the balls.

I have the 3.4, did you ever figure out how to get more alternator clearance graham? I have about a half to 3/4 inch right now but the bar still can move up and down a little bit.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #72
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Just got mine in...the rear was a pain in the balls.

I have the 3.4, did you ever figure out how to get more alternator clearance graham? I have about a half to 3/4 inch right now but the bar still can move up and down a little bit.

yeah... I loosened the two big nuts on the bar and then loosened the pinch bolts that hold the bar to the brackts. Grabbed the bar and pulled it just as far away from the alternator as i possibly could. While pulling i tightened the two big nuts first, then the pinch bolts. Still dont have much clearence but im no longer hitting it. If u can put ur car in reverse with the brakes on hard, then load the engine up. If u dont get a rubbing/viberating noise then ur good to go.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #73
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
My front only touches the hot wire of the alternator so I think I am safe. These do make quite a difference: I bolted everything down with the wheels off the ground as was advised, bolted the rear one over the stock nut that could be removed and bought some 5/16 to put over the welded screws. Took her for a drive and enjoyed the results. No more pitching and rolling. I still move from the inertia, but the car's hood stays nice and level whereas I felt like I was going to flip over before.

After I get my H&Rs and KYB AGXs put in I think it will be pretty mean.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #74
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

nothing makes contact with my bar... Ur engines going to move enough and with time it could chaffe through the wire coating. Id recommend loosening the wire and mounting it in a different direction if possible.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #75
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

hey id like to recommend making this thread a sticky. Reason for that is this thread has some good info about installing AND plenty of people saying how well these work... Maybe atleast change the title if thats possible to make it a "general strut bar info" thread.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #76
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
nothing makes contact with my bar... Ur engines going to move enough and with time it could chaffe through the wire coating. Id recommend loosening the wire and mounting it in a different direction if possible.

Yep...I'm gonna have to redo my fronts. Whenever I am making sharp turns like going around on an exit ramp I hear it rattling presumably on the alternator. Shucks.

Graham, you said you elongated it to its highest height and then bolted it down so it had no room to play? That is what I am going to attempt anyhow.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #77
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

delay much? lol
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #78
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I just fixed it today. Still moves downward with pressure but isn't loose and rattly like before.

I haven't been able to get on the site much since they blocked the site on the hospital's computers...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #79
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
I haven't been able to get on the site much since they blocked the site on the hospital's computers...

https// or just use a proxy
Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #80
2003GLS
GX Member

2003GLS is on a distinguished road
always buy the 2 when i had just the front 1 on the assend felt as if it was turning the opposide way when i turned lol
2003GLS is offline   Reply With Quote