Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 02-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
turboalero
GX Member

turboalero is on a distinguished road
advise please

when im driving it bogs in the low rpm between the 1500-3500. on the dyno its good. but when driving its boging out any idea at all will help
turboalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a tuning program? Are you talking about your torque conveter locking too low, or are you running timing too low in that region? I should ask if your manual or auto first....
Old 02-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
turboalero
GX Member

its auto
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Tuning it yourself? 40 or 45E?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
turboalero
GX Member

whats that trans? 4e40 i think
Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
turboalero
GX Member

just talked to the guy tunung my car he says its full lean like the fuels getting cut off. but the data log isnt showing it
Old 02-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
MMGT1
GLS member

Dont kow how your tuner would feel about it, but you could print this off and ask him to try it. Would be nice to see a scan of it....

Start with this:

Also, set TCC Max to 100 for entire table and TCC Min to 50 for entire table
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
turboalero
GX Member

imma send it to him on mondy and c whats he says. he has grand ams so i dont kno if its the same tune.
is it easy to tune myself?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

I have more aggressive tables that you could try there but that one works well. If hes willing, take a memory stick with you and get a copy of the tune and a log, but like I said, if he's willing... You know what program he's using? I'd just like to see what the 02 is reporting
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
turboalero
GX Member

will it make a diff. if i only have the front sensor
Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
MMGT1
GLS member

You've deleted the #2 02 sensor? As long as the DTC's have been removed there is no problem there. Get rid of the cat over temp protection too
Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
turboalero
GX Member

i made my own turbo back exhaust installed two bums for the front o2 and wideband i was going to install the rear after tuning to get throw emission test here
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Told you already, it's more than likely the TPS. Just get a new one they're $20-30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboalero View Post
just talked to the guy tunung my car he says its full lean like the fuels getting cut off. but the data log isnt showing it
the datalog would show it if the sensor sees it and he's actually logging the sensor data like he should be.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #14
MMGT1
GLS member

Yea C2, we need to see a scan of this. Ive helped a few 3800 guys with bogging and it has been, 9 times out of 10, timing too low in cruise. I have no idea if the shifts are set up right first off. If its shifting in the right places, then we need to see timing tables. If those are good then it's time to look at the sensors like you said there.
You are probably right though man, if the tune is set properly that would be the first place to look, then if its not the TPS the Crank Position Sensor seems to be the next place to look as of late....
Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #15
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
hell if he could just swap a known good sensor out of a friends car or something that rule out or conferm the sensor quick and easy
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
MMGT1
GLS member

I replaced mine about a month ago. Not that bad either, it was about 50 bucks if I remember for a dealer unit
Old 02-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
turboalero
GX Member

imma try the sensors quick on monday. quick question doses anyone kno where the white vac hose that goes in the wiring harness to the tb goes to?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
turboalero
GX Member

i do all work on my car but im going to have to ask the tuner to install the parts because it al hour from my house an i kno they charge 100 per hour. i am a service writer at my shop so i kno there gonna charge an arm n leg. but i need my alero.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
it goes to the HVAC in the dash

when my TPS was bad I was getting lean spikes at low throttle conditions
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
I would say vacuum leak, since they are pretty common in custom systems, except his car has no MAF sensor where it normally causes a bogging issue.

Always carry an extra tps (and other sensors if you can afford them )