Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #21
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Chris, how much are you looking to get out of the red car after motor is swapped? if its super cheap i might want it. let me know.

red one you would not mod one bit prob just a dd wich is fine then bring sexy out to play every once and awhile but still be driving a alero no matter what seems like a legit plan i hope tho that red alero stays in the amod family

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
but it already has the manual sub frame shifter ect and such and the tranny would be for my girlfriends cavalier she has the ecotec in it as well and her tranny is toast

you are off in every way in that...it is going to be the automatic subframe as he swapped the motor to the manual car and got a manual so he could have the manual tranny. His car is a 2.4l and while it is mechanically the same transmission as the ecotec, it has a different bell housing which is cast to the transmission
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
i wish i could say this all in one deal instead of thinking things 10 min later but i do love the wheels are they 17s? if so how can i make it to look where my ass end is lowered a bit i have 17s on mine and i have a upward fist of gap but front end i have a thumb any ideas?

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
you are off in every way in that...it is going to be the automatic subframe as he swapped the motor to the manual car and got a manual so he could have the manual tranny. His car is a 2.4l and while it is mechanically the same transmission as the ecotec, it has a different bell housing which is cast to the transmission

i no im off my marbles today im sorry.. i do not no much about the previouse car i assumed it was a manuel but guess i was wrong but atleast the body is better looking then mine

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i do love the wheels are they 17s?
17x7.5

Quote:
if so how can i make it to look where my ass end is lowered a bit i have 17s on mine and i have a upward fist of gap but front end i have a thumb any ideas?
well you could uh... lower it? get some lowering springs!

I also use 225/50R17 tires which are a little taller to fill the gap a bit more.

Quote:
Chris, how much are you looking to get out of the red car after motor is swapped? if its super cheap i might want it. let me know.
I'm trying to make money back from all this I've been dumping into this project. I'll be cleaning it up really well overall, and sell it to some random person on craigslist. I'll be selling it with the intention to get $1k out of it. Engine would have 132,000 on it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
WIALERO
GL Member

mine are 17x7 as well but i have like 235 or 2 somthing 45 on mine but its worth a shot and with the wheels sticking out just a tad are you going to be worried about say a rock come up from the fender and hit the paint? or is it just the way the camara was angled?

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
mine are 17x7 as well but i have like 235 or 2 somthing 45 on mine but its worth a shot
Yeah you need lowering springs.. the car sits real high in the rear from the factory.
Quote:
and with the wheels sticking out just a tad are you going to be worried about say a rock come up from the fender and hit the paint?
Such is the risk of being mexi-flush. I like the poke though.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #28
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yeah you need lowering springs.. the car sits real high in the rear from the factory.

dam maybe i should just bag and sag it like the guy with no springs at all on his alero lol i seen it in a post somewhere around here but eh im not going to ruin a good car for lowering that far

Such is the risk of being mexi-flush. I like the poke though.

lol well its one hell of a sexi looking car thats for dam sure! maybe i should have you fix my rocker panel rust thats the only place fuel door area is fine just the rockers and a few dings here and there but hood is bad

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
1k huh..... go any lower? I might be able to work something... let me know your lowest offer on it. And when it will almost be for sale and we can go from there. I need a winter beater.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
1k huh..... go any lower?
Exactly why I'm selling local. I'd have to give it to an Aleromodder for way cheap and I'm in it to make the most I can out of it. Will dump it to a random person around here. But I'll let you know if I can't sell it.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Okay. Thanks
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #32
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Good to see you back and nice job on the new car! I think you should consider a real drop on this one. That blue, to me, will look freakin' nuts if the car was sitting about a 1/2" off the ground. I'm not one to say something like that either dude...
Old 11-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol Paul ... chris is a performance guy like you... if I'm guessing right it'll compare to your grand am in terms of handling...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #34
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah I need function with my suspension. As awesome as it would look slammed, this is the height it will probably stay.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #35
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you allowed to tint where you are? I'd hit that with 35% all around to showcase the paint, not too dark at all but classy man. None of that ""Limo back" and "lighter" front. It will look amazing
Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #36
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Raceline 126. Nice choice

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #37
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
looks good. I like the color.
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #38
sleepyalero
GLS member

20 is my limit on tint. But blacker then black windows look great as well.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

Just chillin.

Waiting to get this in.

Haven't done too much lately, been busy. :|

Next week I'm off for 2 days and will be completing the swap. Need to modify the downpipe as I can't seem to get the turbine into place anymore. I wonder how long it's been that way and I've had an exhaust leak due to misaligned v-band flanges. I can't even get it to bolt on with full access to e verything, how did I do it 3 times with the engine still in the car?

So I'm going to redo a small portion of the downpipe to make everything fit perfectly.

Next week, pull engine out of blue car, install clutch in blue car. Install engine into blue car. Install engine into red car. Reassemble/reinstall everything.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of clutch did you go with?