Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Wink DIY retrofit.

Well. Boredom at work has made me want to reveal the secret. I was gonna keep it a secret. But this site is dead and all I see is sound system threads... WE NEED SOME FKIN EXCITMENT! Well, lucky for you. Im bringing you that today.

I have already made a thread on this on a retrofit forum. So bare with me... im just going to copy/paste my progression up to where im at..... enjoy!

Sorry I already made a thread about this... sp I just copy and pasted all the stuff so I didnt have to type it all out. I will update this often when progress goes on.

Hey guys got all my stuff from TRS. Here I will show you my progress till completion. But also ask you guys questions.... I actually have a few. Lol but pics first then ill move onto questions.

I have 2 drivers side headlights im practicing on before I move to the good lights that are on the car now. Basically getting it down to the T on fitment then recreate it in my good set.

But anyway here is all the stuff.

- Morimoto d2s 3.0
- Morimoto 3five LC
- Osram CBI
- HD relay
- 2 splitters
- e55r shrouds

Had to cut a hole in the bottom for the hi beam solenoid plug.

Hey thanks man. ill give It a shot when the time comes... im HOPING to have this finished in my good set of lights by next monday...

But anyway got home and grabbed a headlight lense to test fitting and a headlight bezel in as well to check for fitment.

Good news: the way I have the projector in clears the lens by about 3/4 of an inch.

Okay news: The bezel clears thr projector BARELY! its close... but works.

Heres a "worry" im thinking about. The headlights themselves of course have adjusters to aim the headlight left to right. And up and down. I have 8k hids in my current lights. And the way I have the headlights adjusted now are perfect imo (dont have a wall pic atm) But does anyone suggest I leave the adjustment on the lights where they are? Lower them a bit? Or raise them? Im sure thats hard to answer without a picture. But unless I put the projector in deeper into the low beam cup. I wont be able to raise or lower the headlight because the bezel is to close to let it. Even when I have a shroud in.

Basically the cups (high and low beam) move when you adjust the headlight and the bezel seats in the channel of headlight assembly and the headlight lens. So it stays stationary.

But its 4 am im losing my mind... need sleep.. anyway here are some pics taken earlier after I got home.

Headlight with bezel on but no lense.

And with lens on and seated.

I did two versions... I like the "after" better then my before. The projector sits in real nice and the cut off is dead straight because the low beam keeps it straight which is nice!

As for the shrouds. Its not set in stone what im going to do. But its going to be tough. Ill just say that... if I cut it in half. The shroud halves would be trimmed to the T And sit flush with the low beam cup. So it looks like it was kind of meant to be..

Heres my first cut. (Before)

New cut (the after) I like this one better. Projector goes in more. And keeps the cut off straight.

Cut off using flashlight with it "mounted" in

Here is a picture of the clearence I have.... this is where I need to figure out shroud work...

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Whats nice is my most recent cut, and showing you the clearence on bottom pic. Its very tight but fits with some cutting. But with how it sits in there the projector stays level keeping the cut off straight as shit. So I dont have to worry about leveling that out.

The projectors are 3 inch lenses. Im hoping to have this done this weekend. But we will see.

The shroud is where I am stuck atm. Probably wont modify that until the projectors are in my good housing.

But non the less im excited to see the after results.

P.s. I have 2 test lights which are being used in pics to practice before I move to the lights in my car.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

Thank you good sir.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
Good stuff!
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Also, I like sound system threads lol.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

I know you do haha. Thats just what ive seen the past 2 weeks haha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

Took out my headlights. Removed DDM hid kit. Installed morimoto HD relay kit. Ran the grounds/power for it. All hooked up and hidden. Also installed my morimoto 3five ballasts. Hid ballasts and wired those up. Now just gotta finish up test lights throw them in car. And see how the beam alignment is. If its good and I like it. I will be recreating my cuts into my good lights.

Once projectors are mounted into my good lights I will then figure out shroud work.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #9
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
If you really find this site boring, I can bring my Cutlass Supreme restauration here... It seems no one on the W site cares so maybe you guys would. I'm at a stand still but yeah I'm starting to find it pointless to post over there for no comments lol

and I like the retrofit. Are you on hidplanet? I haven't been out there in a while so yeah.. I want to do that to my Camaro one day but probably not until 2015. I almost did it to my Grand Am before I sold it.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

The site isnt boring. I love aleromod. Its always the first forum I check before any other. Its just been so dead unfortunately

Whatever man! We are open to all cars and projects! Unless its ford

And yes. I am on HIDP
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
If you really find this site boring, I can bring my Cutlass Supreme restauration here... It seems no one on the W site cares so maybe you guys would. I'm at a stand still but yeah I'm starting to find it pointless to post over there for no comments lol

I have my Rover 414 (now 417TD...lol) build thread on here. I would definitely love to see what you do with the Cutlass!

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Sleepyalero, how did you find the wiring for these?

I have a kit that I'm gonna put into my Rover this summer and wondering how the wiring is going to be. My kit comes with Angel Eyes as well and then I am going to put my DDM set into the High Beams.

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #13
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Yeah we're all friends I'd be interested I love the gutless my first car was a 73'
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

The wiring harness its from theretrofitsource.com
Its all plug n play.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
sleepyalero
GLS member

Got my lights ready for testing before mounting projectors are mounted in. Gotta get the beam alignment set before I mount the projectors in.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #16
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great man and a lot faster progress than I expected lol

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

Thanks buddy!

I know. Moved faster then I thought I would too lol. I plan on throwing the lights in the car tonight and checking the beam.

Once that is done. Gotta wire up high beam plug. Clean projector lenses of dust particles. Clean chrome bowls. Figure out a shroud if I even do one. Doesnt look half bad without. But we will see... and seal the lights.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 05-13-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #18
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Sleepy, can't wait to see the pics of your beam. Hopefully it isn't very off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
The site isnt boring. I love aleromod. Its always the first forum I check before any other. Its just been so dead unfortunately

Whatever man! We are open to all cars and projects! Unless its ford

And yes. I am on HIDP

Yeah, I don't get why it has been so dead lately. It used to be somewhat alive when I first joined. I blame obamacare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vella's Alero View Post
I have my Rover 414 (now 417TD...lol) build thread on here. I would definitely love to see what you do with the Cutlass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Yeah we're all friends I'd be interested I love the gutless my first car was a 73'

All right, I'll start bringing stuff over here then
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:32 AM   #19
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah its upsetting how dead it is...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 05-14-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:34 AM   #20
sleepyalero
GLS member

Bump to page 2!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: