Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Well I test fit! Everything works well. But my projectors point to far outward. Im now debating how to go about getting them pointing more inward.

But anyway here are some pics.

Color banddddddd!!!

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:38 AM   #22
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Yeah its upsetting how dead it is...

I think it's time to market the forum... either that or find ways to get more of the older people back into an Alero.

I notice now that manwhore got rid of his Alero, it got dead.

As far as the pics, it seems one side is brighter than the other in the pics. Is it like that in real life?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:11 AM   #23
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
That looks amazing!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:24 AM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Manwhore still has it. For now.

Aside from pics no. Not really. The projectors are way off right now. I think its just the pic. But ill look at that more after they are aligned to see if one is brighter. If so. Idk what would cause that

And thanks parker!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:51 AM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

The driver side light is more on the wood then the passanger side. And its a tad lower too
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #26
sleepyalero
GLS member

Cutting up the lights more. Further testing soon.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

Dont refer to the tape btw.

Lights are mounted with quik steel atm and aimed where I want them! Cure time for the quick steel is 1 hour. So waiting for that then I will pull lights out and epoxy/jbweld them to assure they are steady.

Left to do.

- jbweld projectors.
- clean up assembly lens and headlight it self.
- seal back of headlights since I had to cut back there. :/
- seal pilot holes in back (easy)
- wire up high beam
- put headlights together
- figure out how to cut the shroud to work, if I can even use it.....

Some pics

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #28
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
You can't get a single line to form? It still seems low on the driver's side
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

There is a total of basically 4 lines. The humps and the lines have to be level with eachother. And thats how theu are you just cant tell by the pic.

Heres a google image. See how the bottom cutoffs line with the top cut offs?

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 05-14-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #30
Nas Escobar
GLS member

I see that. I was hoping you could get rid of that. I've seen that on a lot of pics, and I personally don't like that cutoff. I like the TSX's projector cutoff better.

1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

Whats the difference they pretty much look the same? All prjectors pretty much produce the same cutoff. Just some are more precise then others.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #32
Nas Escobar
GLS member

The cutoff line is less sharp. That has always been my gripe with the Morimotos.. the cutoff line.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

I love a sharp cut off line.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #34
Nas Escobar
GLS member

That is valid.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #35
mfuller

The retro looks to have turned out really well, Nate.
The aim needs a bit of fine tuning is all.
For reference, here's the cutoff on my Morimoto H1 projectors.
Major difference is my 2.5" lenses compared to sleepy's 3" lenses. Because my projectors are more compact, I was able to use an E46 shroud.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

Thanks matt. The aim looks a tad slanted in pic for some reason but in person is straight as an arrow pretty much.

Only down side to my retro is I may not be able to do a shroud with them being so big.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #37
sleepyalero
GLS member

Last night, wired high beams up. Cleaned headlight lenses, threw some epoxy/jb weld to better secure the projector. Will be adding more jbweld on the back soon to assure durability.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #38
sleepyalero
GLS member

More jbweld setting now. Hoping to put headlights together today.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #39
kinkyredalero
GX Member

kinkyredalero is on a distinguished road
Looks good Nate! I hope to see the final project tonight! I wish i had time to do all the stuff with my Alero!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #40
sleepyalero
GLS member

Headlights are pretty much done! Thanks kinky.

Basically all thats left is put lenses on and seal up that back since I had to cut. Still trying to think what do to for that. But pics will comr later.

Hate to say though. I was not able to use a shroud with these projectors. Which doesnt bother me to much. I pretty much figured that with the projector I chose. But these are really nice so thats why I wanted them.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: