Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-24-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
WreckItRoth
GX Member

WreckItRoth is on a distinguished road
No Brakes!!!!

So recently my 03 Aleros oil pump went out and the engine isnt worth repairing. Im using it for a parts car on a current swap I'm doing. I got an 03 Grand Am and the guy told me the brakes had an issue so i got the car for 400. I started by swapping the calipets from the Alero and then got new pads and rotors all the way around. I converted the rear end to disk while i was at it (my Alero had them) and proceeded to do the regular work (bleeding lines and so forth. The pedal got firm while the car was off but as soon as it starts the pedal goes straight to the floor...
I heard a slight hiss under the hood and thought the master cylinder and booster were out. So i changed those off the Alero onto the GA. Then tried again and the same thing. I checked if i had vacuum and i did. So i changed the proportioning valve and proceeded to bleed the brakes again. The pedal feels much firmer while the car is off but again when vacuum is drawn i lose all pressure. I changed every single piece of the braking system except the original lines. Still as soon as it starts straight to the floor and no brakes... i dont know where else to go with this and figured I'd ask for anyones opinions on the subject. Ive never experienced a brake job this frustrating.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:06 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
You have the calipers on the wrong side. Bleeders should be at the TOP of the calipers.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
ABS system on the car?
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #4
WreckItRoth
GX Member

The car doesnt have ABS. And ill try swapping the calipers around today after work! Ive been running out of ideas and figured id turn to the forum.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Dont swap em just cause i said, make sure the bleeder on the caliper is on the top, if its not, then proceed to swap.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Nate would know on this subject though.... he put his on the wrong side when he first did his upgrade!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

No no, me and ryan did it on his car, not mine ahhahahaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #8
WreckItRoth
GX Member

My front calipers were on the wrong side and Autozone gave me the wrong side caliper for the back.(2 passenger side calipers) i would have never thought to check that again, Thank You!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:48 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

Haha no problem! Glad it got sorted out!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #10
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
I've done that before...Bleeders where on the bottom and I couldn't figure out why I didn't have any brake pressure lol.
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote