Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
AleroBloke

Question

Well When I bought my car it was mint, 1 owner and she took care of it. anyway. On my driver side front wheel I hear a *bzzzzzzzzz* it is more noticeable when I speed up, It almost sounds like a piece of rubber is cut out and is hitting the road....kinda sounds like a those big ass mudders on the trucks. but this is more quiter, its gotten a little worse, but I can't figure out what it is. and when i'm on the free way an i turn left it gets noticeable louder. can anyone of you tell me what this is and how i can fix it. or what i can do? i have no idea...is it just my imagination..thanks so much..

p.s. i also check my tire and my clearance and the tire is brand new and mint and I only have stock tires with no drop..everything is still stock on my car when it comes down to suspension and wheels and tires..
Old 02-22-2005, 07:14 AM   #2
jbilyeu

Is it a bzzzzzzzz or more of a gentle humming noise? Wow all of these technical ways of diagnosing something.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:22 AM   #3
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Wheel bearing. Just had one go bad on my Alero a few weeks ago... Mine made the same noise.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
AleroBloke

I didn't want anyone to say wheel bearing. jbilyeu..it is more of a gentle buzz..man o man, what kind of price range are we talking about, i mean to get the part and labor..just a rough estimate..so i know how much to spend..hehe. thanks so much, keep the diognosis' coiming.hehe

would this happen, if i don't slow down over speed bumps?
Old 02-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroBloke@Feb 22 2005, 04:07 PM
I didn't want anyone to say wheel bearing. jbilyeu..it is more of a gentle buzz..man o man, what kind of price range are we talking about, i mean to get the part and labor..just a rough estimate..so i know how much to spend..hehe. thanks so much, keep the diognosis' coiming.hehe

would this happen, if i don't slow down over speed bumps?
Not sure how much they are. Mine was under warranty thank GOD. It started making that nosie while I was out of town. I drove it 7 hours like that. I think the GM part is like $290. But I bet you could get the part cheaper.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #6
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
as soon as you get that kit on you'll be slowing down over speed bumps

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #7
alerosport.com

99% sure Wheel bearing also... Cost me around $80 US from a autoparts store and some good friends to slap it in there while I was on vacation.

call around and should be around that price tho.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #8
jbilyeu

I am going to go ahead and say wheel bearing also. It will cost probably in the neighboorhood of 500.00 to get done at a shop, I do believe. If you got mechanically inclined friends, do it yourself.

Jon
Old 02-23-2005, 01:30 PM   #9
AleroBloke

Pheeew! Took it in today, and they said it was the wheel bearing!! you guys are awesome! haha. I was like "my car needs fixed, its the wheel bearing" the guy looks at me like i offended him and he came back after looking at it and said you were right..hehehe.. i am sooooo glad i was under warranty! hehe. thank goodness. thanks a bunch guys. i will let you know exactly how much it cost
Old 02-23-2005, 01:35 PM   #10
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroBloke@Feb 23 2005, 01:30 PM
Pheeew! Took it in today, and they said it was the wheel bearing!! you guys are awesome! haha. I was like "my car needs fixed, its the wheel bearing" the guy looks at me like i offended him and he came back after looking at it and said you were right..hehehe.. i am sooooo glad i was under warranty! hehe. thank goodness. thanks a bunch guys. i will let you know exactly how much it cost
Glad to hear you are getting it fixed and you are still under warranty. What year is yours? I think its pretty sick that these are going bad so early. I have never heard of bearings going bad on such a new car. My car only has 34K and like I said, I had one go bad at the begining of the month. issed: I checked my warranty paper, and it did not give a price on how much it was.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #11
AleroBloke

I got it from the dealership here in utah, It is a 1999. around 90k on the mo fo. I made them give me a warrenty on this car..haha..but yeah, i have about 2 years left on my warrenty, it is a 2 year powertrain thingamigigger