Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
myowneq
GX Member

myowneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Everyone,

I'm confused. A few weeks ago, my car started this weird problem. I was on the road for about 1 1/2 hours when my car started surging under acceleration. At first, it occured under high RPMs. I stopped and couldn't figure anything out. As I continued, the problem gradually started occuring at lower and lower RPMs. I stopped driving for about an hour and the problem stopped.

I drove around town for another two weeks for short trips and the problem never reoccurred. I drove from Louisiana to Missouri and the problem came back. It got so bad that I had problems going up hills. I took it to a dealership and they replaced my O2 Position 1 sensor. Problem still occurred after an hour of driving.

Here is what I've noticed so far.

1) The problem only occurs after an hour of steady driving.
2) The problem discontinues when I turn the car off for an hour or more.
3) The "surging" feels like when traction control or speed governor comes into play.

My thoughts: I think there is some part that when it heats up, it causes slippage. When it cools, it acts fine.

Anyone have a similar situation?

Thanks,
Timothy
myowneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
clean your MAF sensor. Mine used to do it right before shifting. After cleaned that sucka. it fine, idles fine, runs smooth again

off topic.. hey i'm from new orleans too. Well originally.. moved to dallas 2 yrs ago. But my family house is in new orleans. Our house and biz is gone in chalmette. We get togo acess the damages on the 27/28 for the first time. Not gonna be pretty.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
I had that problem too. I replaced my EGR valve and it went away. They get clogged with crap and don't work after that. It was like $60 my cost at my dealership

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
myowneq
GX Member

myowneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I attempted to replicate the problem this morning so I could take it to the dealership. 130 miles and two hours, and no problem. ARGHHH!!!! Well, dealership installed a device that I can use to record sensor readings next time it starts. I'll see if that helps.

Alero440, was your problem exactly like mine? I really don't have the money to be replacing parts at random. I already had to pay $120 for an O2 sensor.

AftermathAlero, appreciate the response. Mine will do it anywhere across the RPM band, not just before shifting. Thanks though.
myowneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
I thought mine was the tranny. When I would put in it 3 it wouldn't do it as much. While driving the rpm's would go up and down, and it got really b ad after driving 10 hours from NC back home. I had a honda come in complaining of the same problem and it was the EGR, so I bought one, put it on and voila, surging gone. With mine, you could hear the surge because I have an aftermarket muffler on there. I haven't had a problem since.

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote