Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-07-2005, 04:01 AM   #1
Gus

Is anyone here running the RSM setup? I'm interested in a vortech supercharger for my motor, and i cant find anyone who does a kit other than RSM. I'm skeptical to use RSM because i've heard lots of bad things about the company themselves, but i know Vortech is a very good product.

To anyone who's using the kit, have you had any problems with the bearings failing on the shaft drive?

I'd also be interested to see if it'd even fit in my engine bay as is or if the brackets wouldn't clear my rad support. I'm pretty sure i have less clearance than in a N-Body. If anyone would be able to measure how far the shaft drive sits from the motor, and how much room from like the edge of the plenum or valve cover to the rad support there is, and let me know, that'd be really helpful in seeing if i can even attempt it.

I'm like 99% sure i'd have to re-locate my battery to make the kit fit, but otherwise it may not be much work.

Also any opinions on other supercharger's would be welcome. I'm not really interested in turbo'ing it.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard mixed opinions about the RSM kit as well, and no there isn't any others being produced currently, Eaton-Magnuson ran a limited production of roots style blowers for the 3400, if you look you can find one for sale once in awhile, kinda like the EM Supercharger I am selling....

if you are reall interested in the EM, i can take some pics for you and get some measurements.....
Old 11-08-2005, 01:41 AM   #3
Gus

Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero@Nov 7 2005, 07:33 AM
I have heard mixed opinions about the RSM kit as well, and no there isn't any others being produced currently, Eaton-Magnuson ran a limited production of roots style blowers for the 3400, if you look you can find one for sale once in awhile, kinda like the EM Supercharger I am selling....

if you are reall interested in the EM, i can take some pics for you and get some measurements.....

Actually yeah, i would be at least interested to see a pic of it at least. that would be pretty interesting to see if it could work.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 AM   #4
xonelith

The RSM kit is working pretty good for some. Good luck tuning it though, they don't use a MAF and the 3400 is a 1 bar MAP

Check out Milzymotorsports.com if you want something that performs at least as good as the blower setup (just doesn't look pretty)
Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 AM   #5
Gus

Quote:
Originally posted by xonelith@Nov 8 2005, 11:53 PM
The RSM kit is working pretty good for some.Â;-) Good luck tuning it though, they don't use a MAF and the 3400 is a 1 bar MAP

s'ok, i have a 2-bar GM map sensor kicking around my shop, and i don't have a MAF setup since it's a swap. I have an OBD 1 computer anyway, so i'd have to burn something totally custom, i dont think RSM could do anything about tuning for me anyway, ha.

I'm just more interested to know if it'd fit in my engine compartment, and if anyone's had failures with the parts (shaft drive mainly) rather than the tuning.