Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #421
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
What about your wires?

Me, I took my GAGT mirrors off, and took em in to get a paint job in black onyx. should have them back in a couple days.

Body colour is the way to go, the peanut butter fix will make you insane... hahahaha Any of you old schoolers' should know what I am saying there!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #422
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What about your wires?

I have brand new wires coils and plugs..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #423
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Body colour is the way to go, the peanut butter fix will make you insane... hahahaha Any of you old schoolers' should know what I am saying there!

I don't cheap out when it comes to my baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
I have brand new wires coils and plugs..

Oh well darn! Hope it's fixed soon.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #424
wws944
GX Member

wws944 is on a distinguished road
Changed the oil today, with 16,200 miles on the clock. Mobil-1 5W30 and Mobil-1 oil filter. This is the first time I have changed the oil since the car came out of long-term storage. Though my cousin changed it before I picked the car up. So I had to look in the owners manual to figure out how to reset the OIL CHANGE light. (Turn key ON, step on the gas pedal three times within five seconds, turn key OFF.)

NOS E-code (Euro) headlights have arrived and will be installed soon.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #425
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Only 16k on the car? Holy moly
Old 01-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #426
Math-u
GX Member

Math-u is an unknown quantity at this point
Took my little brother(just turn 16) 4 a drive 2day and he drove into the ditch trying to make a u turn on the gravel. lol. since he drove it in, he has to push it out lol. No damage was done.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #427
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wws944 View Post
Changed the oil today, with 16,200 miles on the clock. Mobil-1 5W30 and Mobil-1 oil filter. This is the first time I have changed the oil since the car came out of long-term storage. Though my cousin changed it before I picked the car up. So I had to look in the owners manual to figure out how to reset the OIL CHANGE light. (Turn key ON, step on the gas pedal three times within five seconds, turn key OFF.)

NOS E-code (Euro) headlights have arrived and will be installed soon.

step on gas pedal? mine you dont have to do that.. you just press the reset light 2 times till the change oil flashes, then hold till it goes away. or something close to that, i forget. but i know i dont have to step on the gas pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math-u View Post
Took my little brother(just turn 16) 4 a drive 2day and he drove into the ditch trying to make a u turn on the gravel. lol. since he drove it in, he has to push it out lol. No damage was done.

lucky, reason why i dont let anyone drive my car lol.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #428
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Math-u View Post

my brother is only on his permit, he knows to be somewhat careful with my car or my truck, I remind him all the time that if he wrecks my stuff being stupid that it is going to be a very painful experience for him
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #429
wws944
GX Member

Quote:
step on gas pedal? mine you dont have to do that.. you just press the reset light 2 times till the change oil flashes, then hold till it goes away. or something close to that, i forget. but i know i dont have to step on the gas pedal...

It seems to be different between early (up to 2001) and later (2002-onwards) cars. The earlier ones apparently have a reset button in the fuse panel on the side of the dash. (I will have to confirm this, next time I go Pick-N-Pulling.)

In fact, even on my 2004, if one looks at the 'fuse map' on the back of the fuse panel cover, there is a position indicated for an oil reset switch. However the switch itself does not exist.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #430
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wws944 View Post
It seems to be different between early (up to 2001) and later (2002-onwards) cars. The earlier ones apparently have a reset button in the fuse panel on the side of the dash. (I will have to confirm this, next time I go Pick-N-Pulling.)

In fact, even on my 2004, if one looks at the 'fuse map' on the back of the fuse panel cover, there is a position indicated for an oil reset switch. However the switch itself does not exist.

my 2003 has the reset switch
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #431
wws944
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post

Interesting. So only the 2004s have the 'press gas pedal three times' procedure?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #432
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Gas pedal procedure works on all of them actually, if you have the button you can do it either way
Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #433
sleepyalero
GLS member

Interesting ^

I replaced an idler pulley and detailed the inside of the car today. she's a happy car.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #434
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post

my 01 has that same reset switch

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #435
DeeJayy
GX Member

DeeJayy is on a distinguished road
SO back on topic... I replaced my radiator and all my hoses today. Replaced my temp sender/sensor, and replaced coolant bleeder screw. Next thursday it's thermostat, and ac compressor bearing. Yes I did it at night -_- finished about midnight.
DeeJayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #436
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJayy View Post
SO back on topic... I replaced my radiator and all my hoses today. Replaced my temp sender/sensor, and replaced coolant bleeder screw. Next thursday it's thermostat, and ac compressor bearing. Yes I did it at night -_- finished about midnight.

Do a how to on the ac compressor bearing please!

Me, I waxed her yesterday.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #437
DeeJayy
GX Member

DeeJayy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do a how to on the ac compressor bearing please!

Me, I waxed her yesterday.

I'll try my best!! I gotta find out first.
DeeJayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #438
03glgold
GLS member

She went from this:

to this:

Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #439
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Found my exhaust leak! hopefully this week I can get it all pulled and welded up, then repaint my headers, red white and blue FTW.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #440
sleepyalero
GLS member

03 gold - black headlights?

03sleepr - paint what?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: