Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
braking problem

Well heres the sad news...pads and rotors only have 6000u miles on them brake fluod is ful but when i turn or go straight i get this loud clunking and grinding and vibration and then i lose all pressure in my brakes and when i press on the brakes after no pressure it goes straight to the floor the drivet side wheel locks up or vibrates and it gets really loud and snnoying but i dont see anything loose or wrong what could it be?
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
air in system?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
I dont think so what would explain the grinding and thumping sounds like the rim is catching on the brake ass and then you hear this big clunk clunk then you brake and it seems to have little to no pressure then later on it will have pressure then when i turn left on the bad side thats having problems it makes a really bad vibration and it feels like the brake rotor is stuck or grinding and its just really bad
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #4
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Check your calipers to make sure they're not grinding on the wheel.

I want to say this might end up being your wheel bearings because you hear grinding noises, but I'm not sure how that would relate to loosing pressure.... unless ABS?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #5
WIALERO
GL Member

Abs light never comes on the only time abs works is when im on ice or snow and i lightly press on the brakes then my ass end locks up
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #6
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Then I want to assume that your ABS is messed up because ABS is supposed to be on all the time. You know that it works when the brake pedal tries to push your foot up. It feels like a very nasty vibration sensation.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #7
WIALERO
GL Member

Im just thinkin about pullin the fuse on it see if it makes any difference
Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #8
WIALERO
GL Member

And with the car running in park i step on the brake and press it in i hear a clicking nouse from the driver side by the wheel i have not had time to rip it all apart but now its un drivable so i have to figure out a way to get it to my house so i can rip it all apart and figure it out
Old 03-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
that clicking noise is the caliper piston, mine did it to, it just basically means they are dry, i always sprayed pb blaster on the outside of the piston under the rubber and it fixed that clicking noise.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
I had a silverado do the same thing. Bad wheel bearing on that truck. As u turned it would compress the caliper and u would loose brakes untill it pumped up again.

If your going to do the repair your self it will be easy to do. Visual inspections, knowledge of how to check the wheel bearings and some common sence will probably show u exactly what's wrong
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
I had a silverado do the same thing. Bad wheel bearing on that truck. As u turned it would compress the caliper and u would loose brakes untill it pumped up again.

If your going to do the repair your self it will be easy to do. Visual inspections, knowledge of how to check the wheel bearings and some common sence will probably show u exactly what's wrong

thats pretty much what its doing thanks! il post up some pics when i get on it and show ya al how bad they are
Old 03-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #12
WIALERO
GL Member

Found out what the problem was took it to a shop since i dont have a place to do it myself and the shop said the wheel hub is busted and falling apart
Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
WIALERO
GL Member

Mybad the whole wheel hub assembly
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

they are gonna charge you out the ass for that. i would try to do it yourself. its literally about a 15-20 min job. (atleast for me) it might take you 30-40 if its your first time. especially breaking loose the bolts and stuff
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
WIALERO
GL Member

118 for the hub ass and 90im for labor had them do it already the old one was in peices and just fell apart when they pulled it out of there i watched then it literally fell apart and the bearings inside were all flat on one side it was bad when i get on the comp at the library next time i go up there il put some pics up
Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

damn alright.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
WIALERO
GL Member

Had no where to do it otherwise i woulda done it by myself
Old 03-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #18
Nas Escobar
GLS member

You can't work in your parking lot?
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 03-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
WIALERO
GL Member

Driveway? Lol no step dad is kinda an ass but after ass im moving back to iowa to live with my girl friend so then il have my own garage
Old 03-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
parts stores will allow you to work in their parking lots...sometimes they can make more money that way when you notice something you don't have
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote