Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-02-2004, 12:25 AM   #1
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, so I think I am going to get the S&S headers for my car. I dont have very much money, so i just want to get the headers uncoated and stuff like that as shown here...
Basic S&S headers
Now I see that they sell a "flex cat pipe" thingie also.
Flex Cat

Do i NEED this to be able to put the headers on my car ?? If i just buy the headers, will they mount up to my stock cat thats there now ??, cause that flex cat is like another 300 some dollars. Also, if anyone has these headers on their car right now, I would like to know your opinion on them and how hard the install was on them. Like I said, I dont have money to burn, so I wanna get just these headers as is cause they are cheap.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Orion

Those headers sound like a good plan, not sure about if they can hook up to what u got now, someone else anwser this please...
Old 02-02-2004, 11:06 PM   #3
loudalero

Well I am going to say that you can do this with out a flexpipe from them but your are going to want to put one in and also it looks to me that it would be a pain in the ass with just the headers because of that flange there but you could cut it off and just weld the stock down pipe to the headers. Because anything can be done but you might spend more money not buying flexpipe to have someone weld the stock one in. But I guess know I am at the question of are you oing to install these yourself and if so can you weld and do you have a welder avail. if not buy the flexpipe and you wont have to worry about welding these in.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:23 PM   #4
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, thats what I was trying to avoid. By the time I buy the headers and the flexpipe with the cat attached, the price is around the same as TOG headers, which do require a weld, but not anything as complicated as this would turn out to be. And yes, I would plan on doing this myself, and yes I have access to a welder. But my main focus with this project was to keep the cost down, and have the easiest install. If I have to spend around $700 to get headers on this car, then i'm probably not going to do it anytime soon.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:49 PM   #5
dopey

i BELIEVE u can buy just any old universal flex pipe off of ebay or something which is ALOT cheaper then getting it from SS.

im tryin to recall this from memory and most people know on here im pretty bad at remebering things so im not positive. but i do think i recall hearing that
Old 02-03-2004, 02:32 AM   #6
StealthAlero

Keep saving a bit more and buy that turbo kit from www.turbochargedpower.com, that kit comes with everything. and for 3k, best deal ever, you'll even get your headers
Old 02-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #7
loudalero

If you can weld go for it but make sure you use the existing flexpipe but make sure that measure 2 or three times and cut once but go for it and let us knnow how it goes. godd luck :thumbsup: