Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-16-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
HID's finally

im so ecxited i had to tell someone. i finally ordered a set of HID's today pics as soon as i get them put in.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Location, price, color temperature, wattage, brand?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
location...? they are an ebay set so they were only like $135, color temp is 10000k, 35 watts and ill have to double check brand. they come with a 2 year warranty so we will have to see about quality
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
'noes eBay ones that are overpriced. Should've gone through Ryan From Ohio, something like $90 a set with lifetime warranties on the ballasts.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

shit o well they are kind of a christmas present

Old 12-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
alero_bmxer
GL Member

i guess if i dont like them ill send em back and get a hold of ryan from ohio and get a set.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Congrats on purchasing your new found glory.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #8
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Lol thanks?

Old 12-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #9
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
ryans are like 110 with a limited warranty. aftermaths are lifetime for like 135 or 150
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 AM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
HIDs from Aftermath FTMFW.. I bought 2 sets from him.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #11
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
ryans have ballast warranty, aftermath has bulb/ballast warranty.

absolutely love mine. (aftermath's kit)
Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
alero_bmxer
GL Member

well sounds like aftermath it is if these are shit

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #13
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Mine are $110 shipped in the US.

Lifetime ballast warranty.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
jlong
GL Member

jlong is on a distinguished road
These kits from ddm are $50 and have a lifetime warranty. I paid $80 for mine. I have had them in my truck for a year and had to replace one of the bulbs. They sent me 2 bulbs and I shipped mine back. They required a deposit that was refunded once they received the old bulbs. I went with the 55w 5000K kit and love it.

I'm just waiting on one of the bulbs in my wife's alero to blow to put a hid kit in her car.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...parent=85&pg=1

Last edited by jlong : 12-17-2009 at 10:47 AM.
jlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
I just put mine in last week...35w, 6000k. best upgrade I have ever done, 4 of my buddies got me to order them the next day.

First kit (bought through ebay) was $55 bucks after shipping, for the other kits I contacted the warehouse directly and they gave me an offer of $43 shipped for any additional kits I order!!! every email response was within hours!

http://www.vvme.com/standard-9006hb4...cPath=44_45_31

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
paradigm9
GX Member

paradigm9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just installed hids myself too, 35w 6000k and love them, also going to install into fog lights too, my question is though has anyone installed the 55w hids and what is the major advantage besides obviously being brighter, I would think that 55w bulbs would get pretty warm and could melt the headlight maybe? also does the position of the ignitor that is attached to bulb affect the beam pattern or output.
paradigm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #17
brycealero03
GX Member

brycealero03 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to brycealero03
so angry!!!!!

just got my hids and they are junk the wire harness they gave me didnt come with a relay or nothing and they are knockoffs!

def sending them back
brycealero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #18
tsmitty025
GX Member

tsmitty025 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm9 View Post
I just installed hids myself too, 35w 6000k and love them, also going to install into fog lights too, my question is though has anyone installed the 55w hids and what is the major advantage besides obviously being brighter, I would think that 55w bulbs would get pretty warm and could melt the headlight maybe? also does the position of the ignitor that is attached to bulb affect the beam pattern or output.

6000k's are perfect, I will eventually getting a pair. I hate yellow and blue lights...
Old 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #19
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Just cancled the ebay ones and went through vvme.com. should be here soon and pics will be up as soon as installed

Old 12-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
congrats on the HID, but i don't understand why people always want the higher k colors. It just takes away from brightness, 6k is ok but even that is plenty blue. 4300k is brightest, but might get some yellow, so get 5k. I have 5 k and there is absolutely no yellow ting, extreme white, and bright as hell. 10k will likely be dimmer than the halogen were.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote