Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
paradigm9
GX Member

paradigm9 is an unknown quantity at this point
has anyone tried the aftermarket maf sensors like jet or granatelli? do these acutual boost power and is it worth the money to try it?
paradigm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Coupe

No, they suck.

Get a DHP PCM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yup. All that crazy poop you add on isn't going to do you alot of good unless you retune for it, I dont care WHAT the manufacturer claims.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:41 AM   #4
paradigm9
GX Member

paradigm9 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have looked into the dhp pcm but am leary on how to go about installing it. will the car start and drive after installing it to get it to a dealer or do i need to do a security learn first before it will start. i have a 2004 alero 3.4. i am worried about installing it and not being able to get my car started. can i go back to the stock pcm without any problems? any suggestions or comments would be great. i am looking to add some punch to my ride without spending alot. its pretty fast as it is but i want to add doctor speeds cai stage 3 , msd wires, a new cat back and maybe the rsm throttle body for now.
paradigm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #5
projectalero

I am also curious about the DHP pcm. Blackjack, dont you have the DHP system that you can do your own tuning? If so, how hard is it to do your tuning and does it give you a base to start out on and modify(or tune) from there? Please let me know how it works and about how much im looking at. Thanks in advance
Old 07-25-2006, 01:21 AM   #6
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm9
i have looked into the dhp pcm but am leary on how to go about installing it. will the car start and drive after installing it to get it to a dealer or do i need to do a security learn first before it will start. i have a 2004 alero 3.4.
You are likely to have to do a security relearn. It is a very simple process and takes usually 30 minutes at most. It's a matter of cycling the ignition key at specific time intervals. You can do this in your driveway after you install the new PCM. Then you can drive away.
As for the CASE learn, you may have to goto a dealership for it, but I found a local mechanic that I knew fairly well, and he did mine for free.

And don't forget to gas up with premium from this point forward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm9
i am worried about installing it and not being able to get my car started. can i go back to the stock pcm without any problems?

Yes.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #7
ihatemygrandamg

PRO-M, but it probably wont do anything without proper tuning. Def not worth the money though.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
damn, I'm way late in responding here.

Yes, I do have the DHP PowrTuner, and yes, they provide you with a "starter" file that is somewhat of a performance increase.

Yes it is worth it, if you're heavy into performance or change mods frequently.

Is it hard to do your own tuning? Not if you do the proper research and are careful of what you make changes to.

Cost is around $400, it is basically a small adapter box that connects to a serial port on a home or laptop computer, and the other end connects under your dashboard when you are downloading from or uploading to your PCM.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman
And don't forget to gas up with premium from this point forward...

thats myth. i have run 87 and mine is fine.
jackal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Could be, but I'm not taking any chances....Besides, it's only $2 more per fillup so I'm not that worried about it.