Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
vodkaslut85

Hey, was going through the Crutchfield website looking at sub's and I stumbled upon Alpine's newest sub, the type X...this thing looks like a best, handles upto 1000 watts RMS and 3000 watts max in the 10 inch moddle, I'm won over by those numbers alone, and then they sweeten the pie even more with a carbon fiber and aluminum cone. It's a little pricey on the webiste at 400 dollars, but my friend who owns an audio shop back home says he can get me them for 250 a piece. here's the picture:

and the link to the sub's page at crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-pmHxigeA9t2/c...a=0&cc=01&avf=N

think one or 2 of these bad boys would be enough? I don't wana go bigger than 10 inch because I like being able to hear higher range sounds.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
`2000redalero

I think that'd be perfect for the mono setup I've been looking for.

--If you think there's anyway your friend could hook me up with one too(or you) PLEASE let me know, pm or email is fine.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
vodkaslut85

red, He buys from people who buy wholesale from the companies and has a weird contract....basically the sub I'm getting off him he's supposed to use in the display but instead he's just gonna forward it to me. and it's the only one he's gonna get for display, otherwise he's gonna be payin' 275 and sellin' 'em for 349.95 out of his store. Unfortunately he doesn't have a website...but ur interested, I could see if he could sell you one at 275.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
vodkaslut85

also, to alone with this topic, I fugured that if I get 50% efficiency and I'm pushin' it at 1000 watts, i'm gonna need 140 amps out of my alternator...how far could we wind our alt. cuz I don't like the idea of having a cap.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:33 PM   #5
`2000redalero

I've heard people that just upgrade the alternator anyway, and just skip the whole capacitor hub bub
Old 04-21-2004, 11:19 PM   #6
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Um from my experance with alpine's type R-series, my buddy had 2 10's in a ported enclosure... 500watts RMS to them...
LOUD.... for 10's
Im sure that if you had 1, or 2 of those with enuff power then im sure that they would be louder than sheeeeit

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #7
99blackalero

those look sweet....didnt see them on the website but i noticed they have a new dvd player that is a touchscreen...has the silver and blue finish on it too which is hot
Old 04-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by 99blackalero@Apr 22 2004, 03:59 AM
those look sweet....didnt see them on the website but i noticed they have a new dvd player that is a touchscreen...has the silver and blue finish on it too which is hot
Yea the new in dash screen is tight...
lower quality then the dva i900 but still a killer screen, and much "flasher" if thats important :P

Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #9
vodkaslut85

So yeah, I think this is my final decision, I'm gonna grab one for now and see how it sounds, I'm gonna have it connected to my clarion head, and I have an earthquake shredder amp (3000 watts RMS between 2 channels at 4 ohms)...I think if I decide to get a second sub, I wouldn't have a problem powering it lol...I've had the shredder for close to 3 years now, it's the only amp I've ever had it beats all else lol...to bad earthquake went under.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:36 PM   #10
bdyman

personally i would stick with either fosgate or audiobahn
but hey it`s ur money :thumbsup:
Old 04-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #11
vodkaslut85

not to start a flame war or anything but fosgate was good 2 years ago, now they are teaming up with LA making those "fast and the furious sub kits" how can I give them any kind of respect?? Audiobahn is good, but their amp's aren't the most stable, if you've got too much bass in the trunk with one of those amps, it'll crumble to pieces, like my friend's 900 dollar 'bahn amp that they wouldn't replace.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:17 PM   #12
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Have to agree alpine makes the most stable and longest lasting stuff around...IMO
They are by far my faveriote brand, Rf is garbage IMO, and has absolutly NO Sq potential....
Same with audiobahn.... Audiobahns stuff sounds ok, but blows up after a while, as is my experance, RF follows suit, i will never buy RF after the incident at a local retailer i had last year...
Me and my buddy were browsing the car audio department.. there was a strong buzzing coming from the amp rack wall....
we were talkin to the sales rep... we asked what the hell that was.. he walked over to a RF amp and hit it with a closed fist... quite hard the buzzing stoped... he said "never buy RF amps..."
Nuff said

Old 04-22-2004, 09:20 PM   #13
vodkaslut85

woo hoo, rather than have somebody blast my comment, I get more positive feedback...lol. Glad to see that somebody else sees eye to eye with me. I was thinkin' about getting a sponsorship from alpine so, I might take a chance and go buy an alpine amp just to have a full apline component system.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #14
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Good luck gettin sponcered by alpine...
more luck gettin on with an alpine dealer me thinks... they only sponcer the BEST show vehicles...
Take a look at their own project vehicles...
SICK..... h34r:

Old 04-23-2004, 12:49 AM   #15
Steve03TropicTeal

Quote:
Originally posted by BLK03GXS@Apr 22 2004, 05:17 PM
Have to agree alpine makes the most stable and longest lasting stuff around...IMO
They are by far my faveriote brand, Rf is garbage IMO, and has absolutly NO Sq potential....
Same with audiobahn.... Audiobahns stuff sounds ok, but blows up after a while, as is my experance, RF follows suit, i will never buy RF after the incident at a local retailer i had last year...
Me and my buddy were browsing the car audio department.. there was a strong buzzing coming from the amp rack wall....
we were talkin to the sales rep... we asked what the hell that was.. he walked over to a RF amp and hit it with a closed fist... quite hard the buzzing stoped... he said "never buy RF amps..."
Nuff said
Haha, well someone gosta stand up for Team RF..

As far as retialers go... i guaruntee go to any Best Buy, they will say RF is the ebst.. Go to any Circuit City, theyll push infin or kenwood...

i mean everyone haves what they like.. RF and something in ALbine comparably priced sound different sure. But which one sounds better is very subjective.

ANd installation matters just as much in car audio as the components.

But a poopty sub matched with the right sub, in a good box, in the right place.. and it will sound just as good as something installed poopy.

Hey, seriously i dont put any component down (except Jensen) based on one bad experience. And i dont meant to put down anybody.. I just used tour quote
BLK03GXS because u kinda summed up the entire idea i am responding to.

I am currently building an SQ RF system. it wont be no sick top of the line 10000 albine system. But for the about 900 bucks im spending i think itll sound good. When i get it all finished id like to intvite anyone to come hear it and tell me it dont sound good.

Ps. i apolgize for any spelling and grammaticaly shiznet. But i type fast and i dont proofread.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:24 AM   #16
BLK03GXS
GLS member

lol its all good man...
its good that you stick up for your brand, but spell mine right "Alpine" :thumbsup:

For 900 american it better sound pritty good...lol

But historicly RF isnt known for Sq like Alpine, and besides the place i was at is a futre shop... a RF Dealer... just so happens the salesman was a LITTLE honest....lol

Old 04-23-2004, 01:31 AM   #17
vodkaslut85

Some RF stuff is okay, but I wouldn't put it in my car, for the price that I paid for my earthquake amp, i coulda got 6000 wats worth of RF amps for the same amount....but the abuse my Earthquake took wouldn't be able to taken by a RF amp...at one point I lent it to my friend he had it powering 2 15 inch audiobahn comp. subs (2000 watts rms a piece) and it's still runnin'. As long as I don't act stupid, this amp could be the only one I ever buy....

i just like the idea of a carbon fiber coned sub, I think that would be able to pound allot harder...
Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 AM   #18
Steve03TropicTeal

Alpine, Albine, whatever LOL

d00d 3kW RMS amp?

thats sick, either you have like 200 lbs of sound deading on your car or it sounds like "two midegets in your back seat rasslin" in a play pen of aluminum cans
Old 04-23-2004, 01:48 AM   #19
vodkaslut85

lol, how do you think I was able to drive around in Chicago winters in my 550 WHP camaro?? lol...I had like 300 pounds of dynamat in my trunk, 3 Cerwin Vega comp 12's powered by that amp. when I bought it in 2002 it cost me just over a grand and a half and I had to install an amp rack where my passanger seat should have been in the back, because the amp is so damn long, it's nearly 4 feet long man.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:53 AM   #20
vodkaslut85

this is about how big the amp is, it's not this exact one, the one in the picture is a PHD4 or "The Rock" it's a 5000 watt amp and it's a 2003 model, mine's "The Shredder" lol...they give 'em funny names but the cool thing about Earthquake is you can mod them to go beyond the power handling specified, they even give you instructions on how to do it when you buy the amps. but here's the picture of "The rock":