Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 08-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
siether
GX Member

siether is an unknown quantity at this point
H.O Manifold & TB Guides

I'm gonna pickup a HO manifold, TB and intake cam from a local junkyard off of a 95 Sunfire GT. They're gonna give it all to me for $150 if I pull if off my self or $200 if they do it. I guess my question is I need some good links on what to do to get the manifold and TB to fit onto the 2.4. Guides with diagrams or pictures would be great. I'm not really mechanically inclined, it would help with explaining it to local shops to show them what is required. I've found some guides but no pics on how to do it. Oldsman if you have some info that would be great, or anyone else who has the hybrid setup.
siether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
there is 2 guides made up. there are links on here. do a search and should be able to find them. if not goto quad4forums and get the info.

if i can find it i'll post it for ya.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
go here

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14296
Old 08-25-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Try to find the exhaust cam from a 90-94 LO engine to make a set of not so "secret" cams. The NY Jbodies site in the link has all that info on the secret cams also.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
siether
GX Member

Thanks for the links, I'm gonna look for the exaust cam in the next couple days. I'm gonna take some pics of the intake on the sunfire and post them cuz it looks like it was sitting out in the rain for awhile. Just to get some opinions if it looks worth taking off, or to look for something better. BTW what is the most common car to find the exaust cam from?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
the pontiac grand ams.... i believe either 94s or 95s??????

someone correct me if im wrong.....
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
Oldsman
Owner

the exhuast is easy to find. it's the intake that is hard being it is only a 95 cam
Old 08-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by battistoni21 View Post
the pontiac grand ams.... i believe either 94s or 95s??????

someone correct me if im wrong.....

90-94
Old 08-25-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
the intake is a pain to find....just keep checkin on quad4forums...thats where i got mine, and now that i kinda got my other problems resolved, i couldnt be happier with the cam
Old 08-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #10
siether
GX Member

The intake cam is included with the manifold and TB i'm getting becuase they're just going to give me the whole cylinder head and i'll have to get the cam out myself. I guess it'll be a learning experience for me.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #11
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by siether View Post
The intake cam is included with the manifold and TB i'm getting becuase they're just going to give me the whole cylinder head and i'll have to get the cam out myself. I guess it'll be a learning experience for me.

what are you doing with the head? is it an 086 head?

if your not going to use it i could use another
Old 08-27-2006, 02:55 AM   #12
siether
GX Member

How would I know if it's an 086 head. Do these heads fit the 2.4 or you need it for something else, just asking.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #13
Oldsman
Owner

it's the casting # on the head. which is located on the side the timing chain cover is. between the 2 bolt holes.

they will fit on a 2.4 with some modifications. but compression goes WAY up.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #14
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

what kind of modifications, and i'm assuming you gotta run 94+ octane fuel with that too right?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

higher. being you will be running 11.4:1 compression.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:11 AM   #16
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

haha holy crap...so what octane fuel are you using then?