Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
RockfordAlero
GX Member

RockfordAlero is on a distinguished road
Unhappy alero -> 240sx please look over

Thinkin about sellin the alero while it still running and buying a 240sx and then just building the 240.. any input?

01 alero with about a 3grand stereo, fiberglassed headliner and rear deck, 18inch rims, was gona make a custom body kit and fiberglass the rest of the car ( dash and doors ), eventually wanted to boost it

92 240sx, stage 2 clutch, short throw, posi rear end, front back strut bars ARE included, needs front right fender and a paint job so thats no problem ( he wants 2grand )

im tired of having to fix my alero, it needs something everytime i turn around... just fixed the waterpump, head, and 2 valves, and now im going to half to relplace the pistons and rods, and the rest of the valves are going to need replaced...im fixing it more than driving it anymore, pretty much everything is new now

granite i love my car but im sceptical about what to do...i really just dont know anymore

heres a link for the 240
http://chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/1645716300.html
Old 03-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
yes get an 240sx first how much do you want to spend on an 240sx because there are some nice ones out there. do u want an s13 s14 or silvia or kouki.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordAlero View Post
Thinkin about sellin the alero while it still running and buying a 240sx and then just building the 240.. any input?

01 alero with about a 3grand stereo, fiberglassed headliner and rear deck, 18inch rims, was gona make a custom body kit and fiberglass the rest of the car ( dash and doors ), eventually wanted to boost it

92 240sx, stage 2 clutch, short throw, posi rear end, front back strut bars ARE included, needs front right fender and a paint job so thats no problem ( he wants 2grand )

im tired of having to fix my alero, it needs something everytime i turn around... just fixed the waterpump, head, and 2 valves, and now im going to half to relplace the pistons and rods, and the rest of the valves are going to need replaced...im fixing it more than driving it anymore, pretty much everything is new now

granite i love my car but im sceptical about what to do...i really just dont know anymore

heres a link for the 240
http://chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/1645716300.html

please tell me thats not the 240 your considering for the replacement?

If you want a 240 mang lemme know, i've got friends selling their built ones and shells. Gimme a budget and I'll help ya find a good one. Thats CL ad is a POS with a blown head gasket and he still has the balls to ask 2k for it.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
RockfordAlero
GX Member

if i sell my car and all my stereo stuff ill have about 5 or 6 grand, pluss grads commin up and theres about another 2 grand... right now it has the DC but they are kinda turds, yet i dont have the money for a skyline motor or anything crazy like that so i was considering something alittle smaller and cheaper
Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Weazel
GL Member

Weazel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Weazel
Stage 2 clutch! Woooooo....ait it needs to be replaced.
Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
well first things first how much do u want to spend for the car and the mods of the car are you going to swap engines. is this for drift or street.http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/1608180288.html
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/...644868415.html
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...650210516.html

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/cto/1617879091.html
Old 03-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #7
RockfordAlero
GX Member

the more i think about it, i dont think i can bring myself to putting a for sale sign on my alero... just suck it up and spend the money on valves, rods, and pistons...
Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
good... go performance dude!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordAlero View Post
the more i think about it, i dont think i can bring myself to putting a for sale sign on my alero... just suck it up and spend the money on valves, rods, and pistons...

i have a set of aftermarket rods for sale...
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i have a set of aftermarket rods for sale...

the Scat's? PM me NOW
Old 03-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

nice it is good you are keeping the alero
Old 03-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
the Scat's? PM me NOW

pm sent......
Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #13
RockfordAlero
GX Member

ive read on here many of times that you can have sound and performance... now i have 3000watts of rockford, with a kenetics battery and all 1g... would i have any problems with my system if my car was boosted, taking a bigger load off my battery?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
RockfordAlero
GX Member

scratch the last post... but with keepin my car, at the very least i know im ging to need pistons, rods, and valves very asoon before something blows apart and im left with scrap metal... what else should i relplace while im in that far...help with a parts list?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #15
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

hmm, do a budget build... lemmie pull it for you ok?