Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 02:12 PM   #61
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
there might be 2.4 chips. cant say that i've looked though, but you've gotta think, alot of cavs and sunfires have them, and i dont know if the aftermarket crowd only caters to the ecotec or not.

but yea, when my governor kicks in i'm around 2700 rpm's or so, and it feels like it's only in 3rd, but i'm not postitive on that, either way, there's still some power there. and before i lowered my car it used to really shake, but i was doin 100+ for about an hour with 4 other cars, and riding really smooth.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:23 PM   #62
|Rev|

lol 100 for an hour? If I did that my tires would go BOOM! Well until I get my Yokahama ES100's :thumbsup:

Old 07-28-2004, 03:53 AM   #63
5spdAlero

The ES100s are a very good tire. ASE chips makes a chip for ur car that gets rid of the speed governor, gives u a 7000 red lind and gains u 24hp and 17ftlb of tourque. i think its 300 dollars but its definately worth it

Old 07-28-2004, 09:02 AM   #64
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
^with the ASE i heard that u also have to run premium fuel...or they reccomend it...something like that
Old 07-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #65
mfuller

I'm sure DHP would remove the governor for you if you made it worth their while. Not sure about performance tuning though. ASE's horsepower and torque claims are way inflated, BTW.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:05 PM   #66
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by n8tureboy@Jun 17 2004, 09:59 AM
And when i start doing mods to my engine.... i'm gonna want to go faster than that... For sure.
Don't forget the suspension and brake mods too.... :thumbsup:
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Old 12-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #67
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
You need a New PCM to take the limiter out.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:20 PM   #68
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
really you dont need a new pcm just cut a wire or two. cant remeber which wire but i think it also disables the odometer which = ILLEGAL.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #69
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends on your tranny... If you have a manual the easy way is to hack the vss sensor and put a wire on one of the leads, run it inside put a switch in and route it back out to the car.
Vss being Vehicle speed sensor, this works only for 5spd's as far as i know.
Yes it is illigal, due to the fact that it disables your odomiter.
Just do a search on J-body, for the vss mod or for speed limiter, if you have a 5spd and the steps there will allow you to disable the limiter... however NO ONE CLAIMS RESPONCIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH IT
AS has been said b4 NO ONE needs this mod unless your breaking the 100mph barrier on the 1/4mile... That would be my only reason to get rid of it, Hell i find it keeps me in check, some times i speed Too much

Old 12-07-2004, 02:36 PM   #70
|Rev|

I think the PCM would be worth it, doesn't the PCM give you hp too?

Old 12-07-2004, 03:45 PM   #71
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
It should optimize all your Fuel and throttle I think they add like 20hp I wish they made a power programmer would be alot eaier than changing the computer or adding a chip.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:18 PM   #72
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Dec 7 2004, 06:14 AM
trade alero in for a GAGT which has a limiter at like 128+
Or if you have the 3.4 swap pcm's

Old 04-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #73
shockz

I thought they placed the governors there for a reason... something about our brakes or suspension not working correctly if we went faster than 108.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #74
misslindseysue

The speed limitor was placed where it was because of the tires that the car is sold with. Regardless, there are very few situations where one can exceed that speed safely.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #75
jeremythebear
GX Member

jeremythebear is an unknown quantity at this point
I really don't want to come off sounding like a pr_ck about this but because of the number of posts regarding the governor I will. I have installed on my alero:
B&G springs
KYB struts
F&R sway bars
F&R strut bars
99 Grand am cast aluminum control arms
F&R polyurethane bushings
17 inchers with Hankooks
plus other stuff

I have not messed with my governor.
Why? Because even with all these upgrades I do not feel I could stop safely should a situation arise. Maybe after the big brake upgrade.

In the meantime, someone whose has upgraded only their stereo should blow me away at the stoplight with some tunes and leave the damn governor alone.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #76
Silverknight

If you drive a 5 speed, there is a sensor on the top of the tranny you can unplug which removes the Gov. at the expense of your speedometer and engine light... but it does work. u have to take your air box out to get to the sensor though, so it's a hassle... not really worth it in my opinion, but it can be done, I've tested max speed of my car ungoverned. it was 230 ish Km/h...I was using my friends GPS to give an estimated speed

Old 04-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #77
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
This is sooo stupid I want to faster than 110 WTF??!! you realized that 110 in a five speed is ~4500 RPMs? right so you hit readline, in fifth gear at about 123 even slower on the auto which he obviously has. Wow so much more speed, the ladies will be impressed when the Man impounds your car for going that fast :rolleyes:
Old 04-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #78
amh

Hi

Here in Europe GM promise to 2.4 top speed at 201 kmh its about 125 mph.
Acceleration they have promise is 0 to 100 kmh 10,6 s. Here in Finland one car magazine has been tested new 2000 Alero 2.4 and they measured acceleration 9,6 s.
Havent tested my Aleros top speed yet, need better tires. We have 120 kmh (75 mph) speed limit on our higways

amh

Old 04-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #79
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well since the speed limit is normally 65-75 here in the states i think we have governers that limit us to the max speed limits that way noone can go fast. going faster than the speed limit is stupid. :rolleyes:
Old 04-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #80
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
Kevin.. Kevin....Kevin...... Going faster than 110 mph would be fun, but let's save that for the professionals on the race track. I don't mean to sound rude, but my friend, If you want to go that fast, when you get out of the army, take up racing school, and try out for nascar. Please don't put yourself or anyone else in danger on the road. It might not be you, who can't control a car over 110mph, but not everyone else out there knows how to handle a car going around them that fast. Plus don't you want to be able to live to mod your car up some more?!?!