Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
'elp!

Yeah, so not cool. Well like 8 months ago my "dome" light thing in the back seat fell out so I taped it up because I just didn't want to deal with it. So, last week I decided to fix it, but putting my hand in the liner and snapping it in. Well, this morning my friend noticed that the light was on, on my rear view mirror thing. So, I looked in the back and turned my dome light thing to DOOR and now my shit box car thinks the doors are open when they're not. I can turn off the light on the dome thing, but not the light on the rear view mirror. So lights on, batteries getting owned, what do I do?

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
RoetherB
GX Member

RoetherB is on a distinguished road
Depends on how clean you want it to look...

If you don't need the light, yank the fuse or disconnect the wire going to the rear view mirror. Likely what has happened is that you yanked out a wire while you were moving your arm around under the liner. Your best bet would be to just yank down the liner, look for shorts or disconneted wires, tape / crimp everything where it's supposed to be and put the liner back up.

Not much else you can do...

-Brad
RoetherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
Aight, thanks. I'm just going to remove the wire going to my rear view mirror. No point it in being there any who besides to piss me off I think.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
my drivers side sensor went bad a long time ago. it thinks my drivers door is always open, i just disconnected the harness at the latch.(you could also cut the green/black wire going into the drivers door at the kick)
Old 05-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i had same problem as joel, fixed same way

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
change the door jamb switch no big deal.

as far as the top dome light, mine didn't stay up well after coming out a few times, (the plastic ridges wore out)

What I did was buy some wire grommets from Radioshack, I stuck a couple up in the holes where the dome stuck in it, I've never had an issue with it yet.

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote