Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-08-2014, 01:00 AM   #21
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I agree with what you said in general, except two 12's often have more total cone area than one 15. And sometimes changing the mechanical parameters of smaller woofers can make them require a larger box for flat response, but they are not usually designed that way.

Either way, there is more to it than just cone area, the woofer(s) should be designed for the particular box volume you are using.

I wrote it like that for simplicity's sake. I didn't want to make a book on sound systems here. The info is already out there, just gotta google it.

Also, we're not even talking about wattage. If we start talking about watts, I know many subs that can defy what I posted. With that said, I agree with you, except usually the box is usually designed specifically for the sub. That's the best way to get the max SPL and/or SQ out of a sub. I never seen someone shop around for a sub that fits "x" type of box.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote