Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #21
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
you got the red one that was on auto trader didn't you...if so not a bad starting point
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:11 PM   #22
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Not at all. Only a little rust on the drivers quarter panel. Pretty darn clean overall. Got the disk brakes on the rear and trac control, I didnt want the weight of power windows anyway since its a coupe. All it needs is the sunroof which will be a factory install later in life. It fit what I was looking for perfectly, they took the mustang and gave me the car and $300 cash. I got lucky and when I got back found the original sales papers in the leather cover of the manual. Awesome to have with it, I've already gotten a lot of "they made these with a manual?" I will have it for a long time to come, fell in love with darn thing all over again.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #23
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Cant complain on that deal...i just noticed that it wasnt listed anymore when i was doing my search ...there are a decent amount out there if you look in the right place, the harder part is finding them with lower miles and in good condition
Old 04-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #24
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
Cant complain on that deal...i just noticed that it wasnt listed anymore when i was doing my search ...there are a decent amount out there if you look in the right place, the harder part is finding them with lower miles and in good condition

X2. with the ecotec 180k is nothing. I ended up driving about 6 hours one way but it was worth it. That was good as is it was ever going to get without going cross country pretty much. and they took the mustang off my hands, I was very happy to be rid of it.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:20 AM   #25
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
That's not bad at all... except I couldn't see myself trading my Camaro for an Alero. Interesting how that worked out for you though, not only did you get the car you wanted, but you basically got the money to register it.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:43 AM   #26
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
That's not bad at all... except I couldn't see myself trading my Camaro for an Alero. Interesting how that worked out for you though, not only did you get the car you wanted, but you basically got the money to register it.

$15 for title $50 for plates switched to the alero. Got the few little things it needed fixed here and there and had enough to order the intake and buy Nate's spoiler. Worked out perfectly. The mustang was nice for what it was but if I'm only going to be getting 19mpgs I wanted power to show for it, it just couldnt deliver. It was starting to showing its signs I was going to be Fixing Or Repairing Daily very soon. not to mention I dont have a pond in the back of the car every time it rains. gas mileage, cheaper parts, overall just a better car and I actually like it. Very happy that thing popped up when it did.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #27
03glgold
GLS member

There are currently 3 i am looking at with one in canton, ga, one in columbus, Oh, and one up by detroit...2 are 4 door, 1 is coupe, 1of the 4doors is fully loaded...max mileage is 130k and max price is 3k and they all three look to be in great condition
Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #28
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
So you can see what I'm talking about, the one pic is just the hub and base of the quick release. Didnt turn out to bad I like to think.

I must admit for an aftermarket steering wheel that one actually looks pretty nice. Not bad man not bad at all.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #29
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
I must admit for an aftermarket steering wheel that one actually looks pretty nice. Not bad man not bad at all.

Thank ya. I plan to re-visit it sometime soon. I just took out the airbag light for now but its always still dinging at me when I start up. Should be able to trick it by placing a 2.8ohm resistance across the airbag wires to simulate the circuit, right now it thinks the airbag has been deployed. I'm also going to move the cruise on/off button inside the hub (just leave it on) and more the set/cancel/resume buttons to the center on top for easier access and mount them more flush.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #30
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
No problem man and it sounds like you already got some plans for it. I can't wait to see the finished result once you get it all taken care of.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #31
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
Thank ya. I plan to re-visit it sometime soon. I just took out the airbag light for now but its always still dinging at me when I start up. Should be able to trick it by placing a 2.8ohm resistance across the airbag wires to simulate the circuit, right now it thinks the airbag has been deployed. I'm also going to move the cruise on/off button inside the hub (just leave it on) and more the set/cancel/resume buttons to the center on top for easier access and mount them more flush.

You should make a how to. I would want to do this to my 94 Cutlass.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #32
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
You should make a how to. I would want to do this to my 94 Cutlass.

for the airbag trick just get an ohm meter and measure across your airbag. The just put a resistor of a close value in there to simulate it. The hardest part is really just getting the factory wheel off. I rented a steering wheel puller and used it in combination with a hammer and hardly got an progress. once it was off I dremeled down the stud and drilled out the hub for a good fit. Hammer it on then bolt on. I also had to drill out the hole to run cruise wires through, bundle that all up in the hub. I revisited and drilled holes through the resume/cancel/set buttons and used zip ties to secure it to the hub and accommodate for the curvature. Then the new steering wheel or quick release in my case bolts right on the hub. when I revisited I just put the on/off button inside the hub, just kept it 'on' and moved the others for better access. I may sometime, to get good pictures I would have to tear into it.