Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #41
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStoltz View Post
Yea i ran all the power down the other side of the car this morning. Fixed that thanks. Except when i was tuning my amp again today i fried my sub. Completely seized! Lol i guess the 40 hz excursion was too long. luckily though crutchfield is getting another one shipped out tomorrow

LOL wait wait wait... you fried a brand new amp that's powering 4x6's and what ? John lol should have gone with the soundstream reference. There's also some isolator's you can install to keep the buzz down too. Did separating the power and speaker wires help?
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #42
JonStoltz
GX Member

JonStoltz is on a distinguished road
Separating the wires helped and i didnt blow the speaker amp, i blew my brand new kicker sub. Haha i know man im kicking my own a$$. I was tuning the amp again after making a head unit adjustment after the jensen install l. I was playing a 40hz test tone at 3/4 volume to do so. I guess it was taking too long so the sub shut down and froze. Smelled an electrical burning. New one gets here next week

Last edited by JonStoltz : 05-26-2014 at 02:20 PM.
JonStoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #43
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Meh sucky sucky I have a mic for the Pinoeer Head unit for tuning and I have been hesitant to use it just for that reason lol. Sucks to hear that though looked like a nice system. What sub are you getting? What speakers is the Jennings powering again?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #44
JonStoltz
GX Member

The sub was under warranty so same one. And i got sound ordinance 6x9 and MTX 4x6
Old 05-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #45
negolien
GL Member

Nice MTX 4x6's eh I had been thinking of getting MTX subs again as the Jackhammers were pretty good. Probably won't decide what to get till next year and will probably depend on if I can get some in an enclosure or if I can get a decent enclosure separately. Nice to hear the sub was under warranty. I hope you invested in some zip ties for that wiring
Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #46
JonStoltz
GX Member

Of course. And go with the 75 series
Old 05-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #47
negolien
GL Member

If my taxes are super big maybe I'll think about the 95 series
Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #48
JonStoltz
GX Member

New sub is in and working fine. I noticed after installing the Dynamat lisense plate kit there was still a rattling from the trunk lid. Found out it was the part that sits on that lip right below the window. Then another part at the sunroof switch. Went to walmart picked up 2 packs of weatherstrip seals. (Home window and door applications) The one that was more aesthetically pleasing i put on the trunk and the one thats straight foam i shoved up between that interior liner. Works GREAT and will be applying to my rear deck eventually. Thought id share this idea. Thoughts on this?

Hard to see but went the whole way across

Old 06-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #49
negolien
GL Member

How much clearance was before the foam on the trunk lid? Looks like there's an inch of it after installation.

As a side note.... I was going thru quick quack yesterday after work and the guy in front of my had the blower peel off the caulking on the top of his rear window. I was like oh crap lol sucks for him...
Old 06-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #50
JonStoltz
GX Member

No gap, just sat on that lip. It doesnt contribute to sealing the trunk from the elements so doesnt seem like a big deal to have that gap. Essentially all i did was throw a soft seal on top of a hard one makin it silent. Seemed kinda redundant to have it there in the first place. Probably to keep debris out of the cracks.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #51
Silver SLP
GX Member

Silver SLP is on a distinguished road
I like that trunk lid idea! That's where all of my trunk rattle comes from as well. Did this fix all of the rattle? And are you positive no water can get in? I've looked at this before and was afraid to try anything because the factory seal seems to be tight against the trunk when closed.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:45 AM   #52
JonStoltz
GX Member

It worked great, for those parts at least. Every time i quiet one part, another part starts making it's presence known! And it doesn't appear to have any affect on the actual sealing of the trunk, completely separate. but its thunder storming here so when it clears up ill see if I'm right lol. Cant afford large amounts of sound damping mat to do big surface areas so I'm relying on small cheap alternatives like these. And i know im not alone