Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 07-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Talking new installs done

New install is all done pics and post at the bottom part of the thread

Last edited by negolien : 07-14-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Because I' am done brother
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Sky high stuff?

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
yup good eye 1/0 Gauge AWG OFC. Price wasn't bad cheaper the Knuconcept and it was terminated and shrunk which saves my lazy *ss some work. 22' of power 4 feet of ground with fuse holder and fuse terminated and shrunk. 6, 5 and 4 of same terminated and fused + for big 3.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
negolien
GL Member

Wire and block are installed and up. Installer did a great job for $80. I like that he ran it thru a loom in the engine bay. I would have run it to the right of the airbox but /shrug not much you can do once it's run lol. I have an extra 6 feet or more of the wire left. I may have him rerun that battery to fuse piece.

He had to rerun it thru the interior a second time because he wasn't happy with the bulges. I didn't get a picture but you can't tell it's there at all. He even replaced two broken clips that the Car Audio Innovation guys broke. Suck*** installers :<(...

Here are a few pics. The cover is off the amp because I forgot to bring it after taking it off to adjust my gain which the CAI didn't do after installing my new deck.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
negolien
GL Member

She's in the shop but I found out why he ran it that way. So I could get the air filter out LOL why didn't I think of that. I took it in this morning to have a Back up camera put in, Install the Kenwood Excelon X400/4, hook up and install the Infinity Kappa 693.11i's (he did have to cut some to drop the speakers in... fkin fit guides suck.), and hook up the the 4x6's. He's also gonna put in the big three because I' am lazy and he has to put a fuse on that big a** 0 gauge anyway.

Pics when it's done.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #6
negolien
GL Member

You can see the blue line is where the cut will be. The 2nd picture is what the speaker screws too.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
negolien
GL Member

All done for now THANK GOD!!! Can't really get any shots of the Kappa 693.11i's since they are right above the box but you all know what 6x9 magnets look like. Next is the box and subs. I' am still trying to wrap my head around what I want. I think I' am going down on size from 12's to 10's so I can run two Sound Quality 1000 to 1250 rms subs and still have a decent size box. Still thinking on that. 8's able to squeeze his box in so we'll have to wait and see. I gotta rebuild my build funds now. Oh the Big 3 0 gauge OFC is done also but it's in that same type of black tubing so not much to see there. Gonna do the HO black powder coated alt myself probably next weekend.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, how do you like the sound of the kappas? The wiring is very organized as well which is difficult sometimes.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
negolien
GL Member

Talking Sweet!!

Yeah, I hadn't realized exactly how much wire would be run with a 4 channel it's a bit extreme lol. The Knukonceptz Krystal RCA cables turned out to be excellent for the price. The installer was very impressed. I made sure we ran everything up the other side from all the O gauge this time.

He turned the amp sideways to avoid having the RCA's and speaker cables right next to the Distro and power wires but that's gonna suck to try and adjust any settings on now lol. He did adjust everything though and it sounds good. Hopefully I won't have to screw with anything.

As most people can attest to the Kappa's are very SQ oriented and can be harsh if you're not into highs. I was looking for exactly what they brung though so I' am very happy. I had not however checked for fit He had to butterfly the openings about an inch to squeeze em in. The Excelon really powers everything well and is underrated by about 20% . He blocked the super tweeters in the sails so they aren't getting a lot of bass and ran them off the head unit. The 4x6's and the Kappas are running off of RCA's and the Excelon. Really makes for a great front stage now. I think with new subs the system over all will be very well balanced. I was afraid larger subs might over power the system but I think it will be perfect for a more SQ oriented yet solid build. I will grab some sound today or tomorrow.

Last edited by negolien : 07-14-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
That's a pretty nice install!
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #11
negolien
GL Member

LOL only bad thing is when I get my new subs and box we will be going thru this rodeo again Going to be a while though between the subs and amp alone were looking at around 500-900 bones depending on the amp. I was thinking of not cheeping out there the amp is going to make all the difference aside from the box of course.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #12
negolien
GL Member

Meh got some audio but the cord I have at work doesn't fit into the camera. I'll try and upload it to YouTube tonight. Last time I did it at home it took forever lol crappy Comcast upload speed. If it takes to long I'll bring my cord to work with me and upload it here it should be much faster.

As a side not after a few days of having it I'd say that's about as loud as I want it on the mids and highs. I can crank it up pretty good without any distortion at all but it can be almost painful I think I could handle some more bass but to be honest I think going 1000 rms per might be too much. Maybe I can go 600 per and still be good but it's only like $20 per speaker and I figured I can always just go easy on the gains. Still pondering my options. Maybe I'll just go with some R series.

Last edited by negolien : 07-16-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:21 PM   #13
negolien
GL Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85zp...ature=youtu.be

LOL The rest of the musical spectrum is so crisp now. Might have to bump up the gain some on the subs. I don't think this guy messed with the Sub gain at all it's super hard to get to. He only installed the 4 way amp, 6x9's wires and hooked into the 4x6's and tweeters. The gains for the sub amp is at the bottom of the larger kenwood amp I was getting some distortion after those so called super installer jackwagons installed the deck and didn't adjust the gain so I turned it all the way down. It looks like it goes by deck voltage in the pics.