Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #1
AleroBloke

I am wondering if anyone has a mod to stop the inner turn signal (3157) from blinking and have it stay bright when turned on I know there is no use for them when I have an amber 194 turn signal already, so I was wondering if there is somethign i can do to bypass something, or if one of you out there has done this, i know this is kinda off the wall, but let me know
Old 01-03-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
the 194 socket is kinda tiny and doesn't make a lot of light. you might want to keep the 3157 in place. Plus, if you've ever seen the turn signals in action (like in a reflection on a pickup truck's tailgate) you'd see that they alternate with each other an actually look pretty cool. Anyway, it'd be a pain in the ass just figuring out how to bypass just that socket from the relay and powering them, and controlling them with the same switch as the headlights.

I'm by no means saying it's impossible, but it's really unnecessary.

But for a really cool effect, use red and blue 3157's and 194's. That'll make the Police REALLY happy.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:10 AM   #3
AleroBloke

okay if it is a big hassle to bypass this, then what kind of 3157 is the best to use, i mean i bought some APC 3157 and they are Craaaap, i want like a brighter, and a more bluer light u know what i mean, like -alero-s but yeah, let me know what i need to purhase or do
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #4
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
I believe Silvania makes the 3157's in question. You can probably pick some up at walmart. also check eBay. (search for "blue" + "3157", and you should get a variety of what you need.)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AleroBloke@Jan 4 2005, 01:10 AM
okay if it is a big hassle to bypass this, then what kind of 3157 is the best to use, i mean i bought some APC 3157 and they are Craaaap, i want like a brighter, and a more bluer light u know what i mean, like -alero-s but yeah, let me know what i need to purhase or do
a 3057 bulb only has one piece of toungsten? Spelt so worng, but you know, the metal inside the bulb. Our amber tail lights in the rear have these bulbs as they only need to signal on and off and never stay lit as the 3157 in the front do.

Both these lights have the same socket and I have RED 3157 lights in my rear turn signals (actually glow red to when on, looks nicer then amber IMO) so a 3057 should fit in the front, just not sure which light it will power.....the parking light, or the turn signal....but its worth a shot.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
CocoaAlero

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroBloke@Jan 4 2005, 01:10 AM
-Alero- has led's in his 3157 slot. I don't know where he got them though.
(I'd like to know though.)
I have the silverstars in now.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@Jan 3 2005, 11:38 PM

But for a really cool effect, use red and blue 3157's and 194's.Â;-) That'll make the Police REALLY happy.Â;-)
MuwaHAHAHAHAHAHA ! I totally wasn't expecting that one.

Ok..~phew~ sigh. The Silverstar 3157's look great unlit with a blue llok, great for cleared headlights. But they light up amber, so they're totally legal aswell. Make sure you check your local laws before you go putting in blue lamps up front or in the slot for your reverse lights, both are violations where I live and can get ya a fine if the po-po wanna be roosters.

P.S. Don't listen to Albino, his crafty idea will get ya thrown in jail for impersonating an officer of the law.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote