Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-02-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
AleroBloke

my two amps drained my alt. so i had to get a new one. sooo.. I have two soundstream xta360.2 amps in my trunk..well I have three actually, I have a Dual amp..but that runs my 6x9s..now that Dual amp runs off my fuse box posotive 12v, I didn't put it there, a car audio place did that. that is running with no cap, just an 8 gauge from the fusebox to the amp and then normal set up

but i have two additional amps. (soundstreams) I have a 4 gauge running from the posotive lead from my battery then the fuse block then to my truck to a 1.2 farad cap, then from the cap to the distibution block to the two amps but i'm afraid of messing up my alternator again, and paying so much for repairs. how can i get a more effiecient set up than the one i have?

here is a diagram of what i have now tell me what i wrong, and what i need to do.. I have the ground wires all at 8 gauge and then they are grounding at the same hole. also the rem cable is coming off my dual first,, but anyway, someone help me with the coreect way, thanks!!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #2
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
As long as your dual amplifier doesn't pull alot of amps, it will be ok. Check the fuse rating and reply back. However, I would think that changing your distribution block to a three slot would be wise. You are wanting to reduce as much strain on your altenator as possible. The best thing to do is check your ground for resistance. The more resistance you have the more amperage that will be drawn. Try adding a grounding block. something like this.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/STRGT4
May I ask as to how old your car is. Do you have the delco altenator? I have never had good luck with a delco altenator. Out of my cars, my parents, and friends, the one thing we could count on was the delco to poop out around three years of age. And a poor battery will cause the altenator to work harder.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
the soundstreams are sub amp and the dual is for the 6x9's?

id put the dual on the fronts, upgrade those to 5.25" components if they're still stock, and run the 6x9's off deck power. it will sound worlds better, but i dont know what you have for front stage

looks good to me though
Old 03-03-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
bigd6983

yea i dont see anything wrong although i agree with running ur dual off a distribution block with ur other amps.....like everyone else said check you ground.....have your battery checked at autozone to see whether its good or bad......other than that your alternators life was probably just at the end of its road......
Old 03-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #5
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree whole-heartedly with everything Gett had to say. :thumbsup: I must admit, an 8 guage being supplied by the fuse box would have me a bit leary, but it's all in how it's done I guess. Just take a good hard look at how they have that power lead tapped in there. Use your gut instinct. If it looks to you like it can be done better, then tear it outta there. I know one thing's for sure: it wouldn't take me very long @ all before I found a few distribution blocks and tore into the power and ground leads with a passion.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote