Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
rosstavich

I am planning on getting a 10'' JL audio W0 and am wondering if it will be enough bass. I have a 2 door 1999 alero. Anyone have it or know about it?? i wanna make sure it will sound good and have good bass. thanks
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
wrightie
V.I.P. Member

wrightie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I am sure the quality of sound will be good but you will definetly want more bass gauranteed.
wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
W0's are okay but definitely not enough bass output.

What kind of price budget you got [sub(s), amp(s), & box]?

Also, how much bass do you want?

I have some good connections for JL Audio.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
rosstavich

Well I am buying my subs on Craigslist. which is a place people sell their stuff so their slightly used. My price range is somewhere around $200 for the subs, box, and amp. I'm runin kinda low on cash!
Old 03-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
$200....... .......... The box i am getting costs more than that alone

Yeah, I can't do much for ya there, atleast with that kind of budget.

Since, your on a tight budget i would buy the W0 then, it will sound good enough for a little while.

Although, if you could save some more money up a W3 is way better than the W0,

I will PM you a link that one of my co-workers here on base gave me; He said that they are priced real good and have fast shipping.

Hope this helps....
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
rosstavich

hey thanks man...also are the W3's that much better...cause if i save some more i could get 2 10'' W3's....worth it???

Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 12:32 AM   #7
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
well 2 is always better than 1 duhhh haha

but just remember you'll need a bigger box then, and a bigger amp which equates to bigger dollars.
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #8
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
There are two factors you need look over. First and foremost is price. Decide your budget and stay in it. The last thing you need is to be swayed into debt without even listening to a single sub. Secondly, what kind of music do you like and how loud do you play it? If you listen to rock or even pop, the W0 will be a better choice. It is a good sub for clarity and will have a fast response time for midrange bass. The larger the woofer, the slower the response time (unless you dish out hundreds to thousands of dollars) and will be limited to lower frequencies. If you prefer rock, then a small woofer like the W0 will work perfectly. Just get a amp rated over its RMS so you can feed it plenty of power to get more volume. If you want loud booming bass, then you need to decide if upgrading in the future is a option. Most likely, the W0 will dissapoint you after a few months of usage. In all honesty, I would suggest going to a local audio store and testing the subs with your taste in music. Don't tell them you are purchasing on line. You just want to educate yourself in what is out there and what will fit your chriteria. The big thing you will need to learn is how to distinguish between poor bass response, low power versus high power, and frequency ranges that you listen too. There is no woofer that will fill all three of these characteristics perfectly. You need to decide what you want.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #9
rosstavich

Ok thanks for all your input..now i just gotta make my decision!