Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo Install Complete!

ok, I have a few more issues to work out with some things, but for general purposes, I'm fully operational. I'm not happy with the way I currently have the coolant line running from the thermostat housing, but I should have that fixed this weekend.

So, open downpipe, and open wastegate (exhaust will be hooked up thursday), I got antsy and decided to make some tuning runs. I got the fueling dialed in at idle, cruise and part throttle....all good. WOT is going to be tricky.

Kicking off at a very mild 4psi for starters, and scanning particularly for O2 and KR readings, I began hitting boost at around 3500 RPM's, and rolled into WOT while rising to the target psi it pulled very nicely. I still have some KR to work out, but I can't do so until the exhaust is complete. The open downpipe and wastegate will cause false KR readings, so once it's hooked up I'll continue the tune.

I can't begin to express the excitement I'm feeling right now.....all this time that I've waited, and I'm finally getting some results. The way it pulls at 4psi, I can only imagine what it will feel like at 12+

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats dude! Awsome job! Go easy testing it, you don't want to wrap it around a tree after all that work
Old 10-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Hit the track/dyno/whatever, I want to see some numbers.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I wanna see some numbers too, but it's going to be a long painful tuning process before I'm ready to hit either. Would suck to go this far and blow it up

Old 10-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
congrats blackjack, this has been a looonnnggg process, and im glad that your happy with your work..... lol i can't wait to see what numbers you post...... what would be your estimate runs?
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
numbers or death
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
u sir......... suck

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
numbers or death
death. I'm out of cleaning supplies, so please bring your own mop and garbage bag....what time should I expect your arrival? hahaha.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #9
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
awesome.

meanwhile, im still waiting for my pistons to get here. hopefully tomorrow...
Old 10-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
death. I'm out of cleaning supplies, so please bring your own mop and garbage bag....what time should I expect your arrival? hahaha.

i shall kill you with the stench of a las vegas hooker....now go get those numbers lol
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #11
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
cant wait to see em BJ, i have been discussing my build with jeremy lately, now that you are done he will have lots of time to start mine once i get the starter cash saved near the middle of the winter. Im excited to see how it holds up. Is the 4t45e still in it or do you have the 65 on it already? And if its still the 45 how is it holding up and how long do you think it will hold?
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Old 10-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
That's beautiful.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #14
NjRef511

i wish my engine bay looked like that...
Old 10-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #15
shackney
GL Member

shackney is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to shackney
wow..all i can really say bout that. great job and very clean looking
Old 10-03-2006, 11:39 PM   #16
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
Came out good!! Can't wait to see the numbers. So when are you going to let me take it for a test drive?
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #17
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
that looks amazing. can't wait to see time slips.
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #18
joealmighty13
GX Member

joealmighty13 is on a distinguished road
Boing!
joealmighty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #19
Doomgiver

Awesome
Old 10-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #20
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Thanks everyone for the support and motivation. I'm doing this more for putting Alero's on the map with the big-dogs hopefully. It's going to take alot more work to get it there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battistoni21 View Post
what would be your estimate runs?
No idea yet, but VE calculations at various boost levels indicate that 12psi should result in over 400hp at the crank, and the final target of 22psi should net over 600hp at the crank (after full 4t65 build)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
Is the 4t45e still in it or do you have the 65 on it already? And if its still the 45 how is it holding up and how long do you think it will hold?
I still have the stock 4t45 in it, but it should hold better than some of the older ones since GM made upgrades to the internals from '03 on. I had made arrangements to purchase a built 4t45, but decided against wasting money when the final goal is a ZZP 4t65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1mptress View Post
So when are you going to let me take it for a test drive?
Just call for an appointment, and I'll set the time aside when you get here

All seriousness, I'm not going to push beyond 8psi on this stock tranny without further research. 4t45e is known for having a weak 2nd, and I believe that has to do with line pressures on that shift.