Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #21
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
I agree with sweetnlow, both of those kits look gross.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #22
RoetherB
GX Member

RoetherB is on a distinguished road
Well, I was moving from Cali to Cincinnati, and like 3 weeks before I left, I found a dude that was willing to repair all my body damage, paint the car, install my body kit and steam clean my engine bay for $1800 total. I couldn't pass up the deal, so I told him to make it happen. He called me a few days into it and told me he was having a hard time getting the kit to fit, but it needed a "little" work and he didn't know if he would have time to do the mods to make it fit, then he asked me if I wanted him to go ahead and paint it so I could put it on myself when I got home. I told him to go ahead, since the rest of the paint would have went to waste anyway.

When I got home, I took the kit and the car to my usual body guy, and he told me he charges $2k for kit installation and painting because he knows there is usually a shitload of work needed to make them work. I took it down to maaco, and they told me $300-$600 ballpark to put it on. Then he called me back and quoted me 35 hours of labor, to the tune of $1800 when he found out how bad the fit was.

I know full well that you usually don't paint first, but I was doing this entire project over the phone and the first dude told me it didn't fit, but didn't tell me how BAD it was. Never in my worst nightmare would I have thought the fit would be THIS bad.

Don't worry, though. I'm the type of guy that spends $10,000 getting back $100 if someone screwed me. If I have to purchase a plane ticket to Cali and rent a car to get up to KGS Engineering, I will drag someone across the desk over the $400 I spent.

-Brad
RoetherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #23
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
your supposed to fit the kit and let it stay for a week or so unpainted to strech or your gonna get stress cracks in the bumpers

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #24
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny alero View Post
im saying compared to 800 or whatever AAS is i can deal with a little gap under the headlight

ha, not me, i thought it was weird that you got a body kit for that cheap, i will be buying mine off andysautosport.com, im not dealing with that crap.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #25
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
it still just amazes me that people thing that a body kit is gonna be a perfect fit directly out of the box.

all body kits will need adjustments to make them fit correctly. period.

and as i said befor...... if your gonna half ass it and try and save yourself afew $$$ your gonna see the results of it. thats just the way it is. and these are 2 prime examples.

you cant do stuff like this over the phone......... case in point.
you cant save afew $$$ and expect it to look good.... case in point

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #26
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
ouch.,. that is beyond bad fit. Its more like no fit. LOL You should kick yourself in the butt though, buying something thats not original andy's. Its like all those import people buying 500 bucks knock off of veilside (whos real expensive..starting price for their body kits are $1500 and up or ground designs body kit). You get what u pay for.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #27
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
rofl, you painted it before fitting?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #28
RoetherB
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
it still just amazes me that people thing that a body kit is gonna be a perfect fit directly out of the box. all body kits will need adjustments to make them fit correctly. period.

I've done this and seen it done a million times, most do fit just fine out of the box. Even if they don't, a body kit should NEVER be sold with a fit like this. It's straight-up fraud. At any rate, I should be able to take a car and a painted body kit down to Maaco and have them not basically refuse the job lol. This is honestly the first time I have EVER seen a kit that did not fit, at least to a decent degree, right out of the box.

Quote:
and as i said befor...... if your gonna half ass it and try and save yourself afew $$$ your gonna see the results of it. thats just the way it is. and these are 2 prime examples.

I hardly half-assed it. I paid $12 for the shoes I have been wearing for the last 2 years, and if I throw them in the washer, they will look brand new, and they are direct Nike knock-offs. There is no reason to spend more money for a name, and there is no reason to sell something that flat-out doesn't do what it's designed to do.

Quote:
you cant do stuff like this over the phone......... case in point. you cant save afew $$$ and expect it to look good.... case in point

Lol... At no point have I argued with you, or provoked these inflammatory statements. This stuff CAN be done over the phone if the product did what all the other products do, and you can save a LOT of money and have an excellent-looking vehicle. The issue here is that I have been sold a product which was misrepresented. If the thing fit, then the guy that spent $800 would be the fool. Had I known the $400 product didn't fit, I would have sprung for the $800 kit. Anyone would.

At this point, the guy at KGS says he is putting in the paperwork to do a refund, but the fact that they are painted might be an issue. I offered to sand off all the paint, which would take about 15 minutes. No response on that yet, but who the hell are they going to sell it to anyway? It doesn't fit the car, and they're all the same. lol. If they have to scrap it anyway, why does the paint matter?

Anyways, I hope these dudes support their product. If not, it's just going to be another headache for me to deal with all the legal hoops I'm going to jump them through. I can't win these days.

-Brad
Old 04-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #29
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny alero View Post
im saying compared to 800 or whatever AAS is i can deal with a little gap under the headlight

thats no little hole... man you can stick a small kid in that hole! looks like ass!

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #30
RoetherB
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_xtreme View Post
rofl, you painted it before fitting?

Yeah, there was extra paint after painting the car, and I was leaving town and figured I might as well not let it go to waste, so I told the guy to go ahead and paint the kit, and I would have it touched up by the body shop after fitting. This has always worked for me under these conditions (I do a lot of moving since I am in the military, and I have a different car every time I change bases lol).

I don't usually have them painted first of course, but we were cramped for time and I wanted this guy to try to get the job done and the paint having time to dry was a priority given the circumstances. The cuts can be made right up to the last minute.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #31
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
if i were both you guys.. id be bitching a storm to get my money back or part of it and a new kit that fits... these guys that made this kit did a horrible job... and the prolly know it but are hoping that the people who buy it.. just say.. screw it i saved money and i have a body kit.. evan if it looks like shit.... keep complaining man and dont settle with it... its BULLSHIT!! if nothing else happens... threaten with maybe a law suit or something... dont know if it will help.. but might see moreaction taken in your favor

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #32
RoetherB
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
if i were both you guys.. id be bitching a storm to get my money back or part of it and a new kit that fits... these guys that made this kit did a horrible job... and the prolly know it but are hoping that the people who buy it.. just say.. screw it i saved money and i have a body kit.. evan if it looks like shit.... keep complaining man and dont settle with it... its BULLSHIT!! if nothing else happens... threaten with maybe a law suit or something... dont know if it will help.. but might see moreaction taken in your favor

Oh, you can count on it. These guys will wish they were never born. They'll spend more on lawyers trying to stay in business than they ever would have just refunding my money and letting me throw the kit in the trash, while I sit back and thank my working-on-contingency lawyer for his hard work and I won't spend a dime.

I can cause a LOT of problems for absolutely no money out of my pocket, and I WILL do so if they don't make this right. This is why I buy knock-offs with confidence. Worst case scenario, I get a piece of crap and have to make a few phone calls to get my money back. Best-case, I get the exact same product for half the price or less.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #33
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
roetherB im directing more of my comments towards shineyalero than yourself...... because he seems to be ok with the shitty fit.

i agree with you that no body kit should fit that bad and that its basically fraud...... but your atleast taking action and trying to get money back. shineyalero seems to be fine with his shitty fitting kit since he saved afew bones.

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #34
RoetherB
GX Member

Ah, that's cool. Yeah, there's no way I'm going to take this lying down... I got cheated for sure and we're going to have some serious issues if I can't get my cash back. If they can send me a kit that fits, great. If not, I will get every single penny back and get my kit from AAS, since that kit seems to fit beautifully.

-Brad
Old 04-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #35
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
Id rather pay the extra 500 bucks to get that kit than to trust anything on ebay even with the same kit. haha $419 shipped? Thats a fraud if I ever seen one buddy and why the eff did u paint it before fitting it???? Lesson learned huh, you get what you pay for.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #36
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah View Post
and why the eff did u paint it before fitting it????

wonder how many times that answer must be reiterated for those who don't read

bad luck on the fitment and service for sure, also a word of advice: never go to Maaco, no matter WHAT the job
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #37
shiny alero
GL Member

shiny alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shiny alero
that shitty fit, can be fixed by placing paint sticks under it and letting it sit in the sun for a while, iv already started it and you wont notice. and as for * no kit will fit out of the box* thats BS my buddy has a 95 eclipse, got a kit from KGS fit PERFECT drilled holes, hole kit was on in less that an hour. aslo, my headlight gap is no worse at all then with the stock bumper...dont baleave me look up some of my pics. or just go to your local grocery store and start looking at alero's. it looks they way it does in the pic becuase i stood over it and took the pic right into the whole. i also never said i was going to leave the gap, so befor you try to be a rooster again, ask all quistions that could ruin your little internet diss.
shiny alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #38
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I hope you left very negative E-bay feedback! Oh, everybody calm down just a little. Why can't we try and help each other instead of bashing. Oops, I now look back

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #39
RoetherB
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah View Post
Id rather pay the extra 500 bucks to get that kit than to trust anything on ebay even with the same kit. haha $419 shipped? Thats a fraud if I ever seen one buddy and why the eff did u paint it before fitting it???? Lesson learned huh, you get what you pay for.

I explained at least twice why I painted before fitting, just have to actually read.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #40
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoetherB View Post
I explained at least twice why I painted before fitting, just have to actually read.

And I read that homie, just stating whats already been said cuz its pretty dumb to paint first when u dont even know it fits, and like the truth it looks like shiet. Lesson learned to you and everyone, dont half ass looks for ur car or its gonna look half ass, u get what u pay for.