Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-18-2003, 12:50 PM   #1
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Driving to work today I drive past an alero pulling out of a road. Shined up looking brand new...... with a black top, I was trying my best to see what the hell the deal was but it was gone and I was about to get honked at hehe.

I sat around for a sec thinking "nahhhh"

White alero, black top, could not figure it out, don't see too many cars with replacement off color tops or paint jobs unfinished like that sucker

Still, it left me puzzled
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:49 PM   #2
alerov6

would of left me puzzled to, if I saw one.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
If there is any convertables out there they are a custom job. Olds never produced them.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
this is what the real convert looks like
Old 11-19-2003, 10:04 PM   #5
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
that is one sexy car

really sux they never did make it
Old 11-19-2003, 10:36 PM   #6
99blackalero

it is kinda sexy..i want one
Old 11-20-2003, 12:40 AM   #7
havik

wonder what it costs to do that?? Looks aight :thumbsup:
Old 11-20-2003, 12:51 AM   #8
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
MY POST! h34r:

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 12:54 AM   #9
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by brim@Nov 20 2003, 05:51 AM
MY POST! h34r:
what do you mean? If this was your origional post, its because when the board went down everything was brought back.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:22 AM   #10
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
No, marc, what you saw was a dealer-installed ragtop. These are fake, cheap-looking (usually, if not done perfectly) vinyl top covers they slap on over the stock roof. I've seen about 10 aleros with it over the 3+ years I've had my car. They usually call it "Diamon Edition" Alero, or some bull like that... it's just another way for a dealer to mark up a car.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:54 AM   #11
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero@Nov 20 2003, 03:04 AM
that is one sexy car

really sux they never did make it
lol just messin man,

after seein all the (quote)thisguy(/quote) it was funny to see this pop up

i mean who else would post crap like that besides me

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:04 AM   #12
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Poppa Naich@Nov 20 2003, 06:22 AM
No, marc, what you saw was a dealer-installed ragtop. These are fake, cheap-looking (usually, if not done perfectly) vinyl top covers they slap on over the stock roof. I've seen about 10 aleros with it over the 3+ years I've had my car. They usually call it "Diamon Edition" Alero, or some bull like that... it's just another way for a dealer to mark up a car.
nick, lol wasnt me who posted but yea, those fake tops do look horrid on the alero's
Old 11-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #13
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
vinyl tops are the gayest thing ever. a convertible alero would definitly be pimp.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #14
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
vinyl tops look ok if they're on like 70's and 80's style big boxy cars (Caddys and buicks)... but other than that, they look dumb. The alero's lines are too smooth and flowing, and the vinyl top looks out of place.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:45 PM   #15
fiestyalerogirl81

Well perhaps, that person did drive around an alero convertible, and it was actually the one used in the auto shows! Could it be? Or like Oldsman said it was custom made.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #16
misslindseysue

Hey Silent, did you check the plate? Maybe it was a GM employee being bad, driving the GA Convert w/o camo.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:20 PM   #17
Villagepimp322

Well the convertable looks aight, but personally I think aleros look better with the tops still on.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #18
Oldsman
Owner

they place you will see someone driving one would be of the truck to the parking spot in a car show then back on the truck.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:56 AM   #19
AleroSS

Anyone have pics of the vert alero with the top up? I have never seen one, and I am kinda anxious to see what it would look like with the top up, and how/whether the body lines are affected...
Old 11-27-2003, 01:33 AM   #20
Oldsman
Owner

everytime I have seen the 2 converts, the tops have always been down. Makes you wonder if the top even comes up.............lol