GL Member

bigdaddyD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bigdaddyD
tail hook and wings!!
bigdaddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #42
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Does this mean I'm going to have to equip the car with a tailhook instead of wheelie bars?

Lol, that would be interesting to see, as i dont think it would even move the catch line an inch...lol, probaly just hook and dead stop immediatly.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #43
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a tail hook just wings>>>
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #44
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
while were at it, mind as well connect it to the cat and launch him off.....lol
Old 04-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #45
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I think that may be looked upon as an unfair advantage for the purposes.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #46
paulyb
GLS member

yea!!!!! plus im sure being flung into the water after your car ripped in half wouldnt be fun.........
Old 04-16-2008, 01:46 AM   #47
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
oh, it would be fun if it pulled down a 3 second 1/4 mile time (documented)

Old 04-16-2008, 02:41 AM   #48
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

I'd say BlackJack had a very good run concidering the loss of one cylinder. Good job of it and better luck next time!

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 PM   #49
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

I'd say BlackJack had a very good run concidering the loss of one cylinder. Good job of it and better luck next time!

It was ok. It'll be classified under "Very Good" when he breaks into the 11's.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #50
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
It was ok. It'll be classified under "Very Good" when he breaks into the 11's.

oh, I get it. It will be a "very good" run when I break into the 11's on 5 cylinders?

I'd say it was a very good run with the rotational mass being short one cylinder and off balance.

I'm disappointed about the situation, but not at all disappointed with the time vs. conditions.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #51
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
I think spilner is kinda playing with you.

Actually, we would expect your set up to run mid 13 with 5 cylinder, at least ... pfff

You crazy joking Spilner...

Seriously, its a bummer dude, but I guess that at your current modding point, those unpredictable things happens on a daily basis.

I hope the best to you so you can fix that and FINALLY furfill our expectations
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #52
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

actually...you may all be in for some disappointment, but the details are still up in the air.

i MIGHT (not decided yet) demod the Alero and buy the project '66 Chevelle SS 396 I've always been wanting. Since I'm leaving for the sandbox shortly, I have to balance what I want to do versus what I have time to do.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #53
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
lame, why demod it, sell it to someone who would want to continue the project. then get the car everyone knows is cool/fast and make it cool/fast
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #54
paulyb
GLS member

at least youll be able to sell the whole turbo set up, that would be sick...what do you thnk it would go for?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #55
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
oh, I get it. It will be a "very good" run when I break into the 11's on 5 cylinders?

I'd say it was a very good run with the rotational mass being short one cylinder and off balance.

I'm disappointed about the situation, but not at all disappointed with the time vs. conditions.
Just some good old e-sarcasm I agree, 14.5 is pretty good when you're missing one of your cylinders, it's faster than almost everyone else on here I should've said "It'll be very good when he breaks into the 11's running on all 6 cylinders".
Old 04-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #56
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
damn, that sucks, kinda funny thought cuz that is exactly what happened when my motor blew 2 years ago, except also the #6 piston turned into about 5 pieces. I was trying to thread the spark plug back in with my wife pouring ice onto my hand just so I could get the car to limp home.......and with the project car, do whatever you want, that's all i am doing with the alero, my dreamcar.........
Old 04-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #57
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
14.5 is still better than 99.9% of the people here. Good luck on your next run.
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #58
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
damn, that sucks, kinda funny thought cuz that is exactly what happened when my motor blew 2 years ago, except also the #6 piston turned into about 5 pieces. I was trying to thread the spark plug back in with my wife pouring ice onto my hand just so I could get the car to limp home.......and with the project car, do whatever you want, that's all i am doing with the alero, my dreamcar.........

why was your wife pouring ice on your hand?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #59
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the engine was probably pretty damn hot lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #60
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

hahaha.....I didn't see any of the posts after my last because my email notifier apparently wasn't working.

Yeah, the only reason I'd de-mod it is because I want to keep the car for a daily driver. I still love the car, but when I think about how much more I planned to pour into it over the next couple of years, it makes me realize how I could afford my Chevelle for about the same money.