Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 05-30-2004, 08:51 PM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
First run

Good Launch, Bad shift

Car 200

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Second run

Good shift, Spun up off line

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-30-2004, 08:59 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Sorry I don't know why these are so big :unsure:

OK 3rd run, first round knock outs. I lost, but almost had a big upset. I raced the # 1 guy in the point standing at Raceway Park. Daytona said that he underestematied me and I killed him off the tree. Look at my r/t, Best to date a .017!!!

He chased me down the track and hit the brakes at the line but he let off for a second and then hit them again. I saw hime drop back behind me and then jumped ahead again. If he didn't hit the gas again, I would have had a very big upset today. Daytona and a lot of other people would have been happy though.

I'll let Daytona explain why

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-31-2004, 04:53 AM   #4
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
holy choppin down the tree...dam that was a good r/t....good times too, oi still havent made it to the track yet, but soon i hope
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #5
|Rev|

nice reaction time, I'm goin to the high school drags today, but I don't think I'm gonna run, I mean its a stock alero :rolleyes:

I'll run in a couple of months when i do more to my car performance wise
Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
^ you should run anyways so you konw what your stock will run then you can compare it later with the times you have when you put mods on, etc.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:51 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

/\/\/\/\ agreed

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 06-01-2004, 01:11 AM   #8
|Rev|

grr futher muckers at the track wouldn't let me race, because it was a big event, and I didn't sign up early enough. Anyways, i had a lot of fun, anyone know what an stock 2.4L auto runs? just wonderin, I think the worst time I saw today was a 30.03 LMAO it was a Hummer H2 stretch limo ( the one from xXx ) but it was fun. i didn't see any aleros run though,
Old 06-03-2004, 02:02 PM   #9
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Okay... here's my take on why that was a very meaningful run:

Brian is currently 1st in Points and I started the day 8 points behind him in 2nd place. The last thing I needed was for him to extend his lead, especially since they canceled one of our upcoming races in August to hold a Vans concert at the track.

Ken's RT's were, as you can see, not exactly setting the world on fire. I talked him through the steps and he was then able to really hit a great light. Brian saw Ken's 3-digit Tech-supplied car # (a hint that the driver is a relative newbie at racing) and figured Ken to be an easy mark. Therefore he went a little easier on the lights than he normally would, only to discover that Ken wasn't such an easy target afterall.

Unfortunately, Ken forgot to launch the car at the same RPM as he did through time trials and that resulted in him not "running the #". His car is consistent enough that if he had launched the car correctly he could very well have won due to the large RT margin off the line. Practically half of the other racers in the class were rooting for Ken because w're all behind Brian in the Points and could have used his early exit to our advantage. It also would have changed the elimination ladder, too, as the ladder pairs up cars based on Reaction Time.

Brian went on to lose in the 3rd round and I went out in the 2nd as my car inexplicably fell off by almost a full tenth against someone I should have otherwise beaten (I had never lost to him yet until Sunday). While I retained 2nd place in the standings, Brian is now 9 points ahead. That's a pretty hefty lead with only 7 races left. My next shot at closing the gap will be this Sunday. I'll get a little practice in this Saturday night as I'll be competing, by invitation of the track, during the "29th Annual Snap-On Night of Thrills". The top 8 in points in each class will compete in mini eliminators between rounds of all of the show cars to minimize down-time. Hopefully I can translate success on Saturday night into greater success Sunday afternoon.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

/\/\/\/\ All I've been thinking about is how I didn't hit the proper RPM.

O well, I'll be back the ready to run :thumbsup:

www.facebook.com/kb0177