Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #41
Trace62
GX Member

Trace62 is on a distinguished road
I removed the alternator and the coil packs to have more room. I bought a steel pick with a hook on it and worked it under the end of the spark plug boot while pulling on the boot. Worked like a charm. Bought the pick hook at harbor freight tools for cheap money. Hope this helps.
Trace62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #42
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
*update*

used those e3 plugs in my ecotec, ran like shit, got shit mileage, took them out and put in ngk plugs, and babys purring like a kitten... a loud straigh off resonator kitten, but still purrs nicely lol

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #43
Thewolf
GX Member

Thewolf is on a distinguished road
Why not put Iridium's in the 3400? I put Iridium's in my 3100 Lumina and it runs just fine. I've heard that the thinner the spark plug tip the more gas the car burns, and use only ACDelco spark plugs because these engine's don't "agree" with any other spark plug manufacture. I don't know if that is true or not.

I've heard that some mechanics disconnecting the engine mounts and jack up the engine to get more room at the back 3 plugs.
Thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #44
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Was there ever a conclusion to which plugs are best for the 3400? I say take the person with the fastest most hopped up 3400 and they get to say...clearly the input got them to that point lol
Old 09-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #45
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
and I STILL say stocker are the best.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #46
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
no engine mods, but AcDelco's are in mine w/ zero problems.

so between me and bj.. you got heavy mods and no mods, using the same plugs.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #47
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
oh, not really the same, I'm boosted, so I use 2 colder than stock NGK's. But if I was N/A, I'd still be running stockers.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #48
mfuller

For 99% of this board, stock plugs are fine. I may have to go 1 step colder on my next build, though.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #49
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Was just recently reading about the benefits of having colder plugs and whatnot so it makes a little more sense. So do no engine mods pertain to CAI and exhaust?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #50
mfuller

Assuming a properly running engine, you can run stock plugs until you start doing "serious" mods like higher compression, a big cam, or boost/nitrous.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #51
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I'll always be totally safe then hahaha